cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frustrated trying to Negotiate a new package

keithrob
On our wavelength

Following receipt of the email on Feb 22nd informing me that my package price was increasing by £21 from May 1st I phoned Retentions on Feb 24th as invited in the email to discuss a new package.

After a long conversation including a call back with a young lady who I found very difficult to understand as my hearing at 82 years of age is no longer very good, and she had what I believe was an Indian accent, I thought we had agreed a new package which I was happy to accept.

She sent me by email a “Virgin Media Contract Information Sheet” containing details of the new contract and package breakdown, although the additional TV box we have was not listed. However she assured me it was showing on her records.

About an hour later I received another email headed “Service Change Receipt” showing details of my current contract which runs until 14th July2023, and which I believed I had re-negotiated an hour earlier. There was no mention of the revised contract and when I logged on to my account online there is also no mention of the revised contract. All that shows is the details of my present contract which expires on July 14th 2023 .

I phoned Retentions again and spoke to another young lady with an Indian accent who I found even harder to understand. I tried to explain what had happened with her colleague only an hour or so before. Initially she said she could give me an even better deal and quoted many different figures. I tried to explain that I was happy with what had been agreed with her colleague and which had been confirmed on the “Virgin Media Contract Information Sheet”. Eventually after another long phone call including a call back she told me the new contract I had earlier agreed with her colleague was all recorded, including the additional TV Box. She said I would not receive any further email in confirmation.

I have logged onto my account again today Feb 25th and my contract details have no mention of this new package arranged yesterday, and still show only my contract started Jan 22nd 2022 and which terminates July 14th 2023.

Where do I go from here? Is there still a Retentions Centre here in the UK I could phone where I might have a better chance of understanding a telephone conversation? If so what would be the best time of day to phone? As a VM customer since 1996 I have no desire to terminate my long association with the company, and I would welcome any advice that would help me to clarify what my present contract position is.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey keithrob, thanks for reaching out on our help forum and sorry to hear of this experience with getting a new contract deal.

We'd love to help, have you received a copy of the deal created yesterday to confirm the service and price? 
If so, does this state you're on a TV bundle with an additional TV box and is the total price as agreed?

Also, could you please advise if when you accepted the deal we advised this price will take effect on your existing contract with us, meaning there would be no changes at it's length and expiry date?

Let us know of the above, we're here to assist further where needed.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey keithrob, thanks for reaching out on our help forum and sorry to hear of this experience with getting a new contract deal.

We'd love to help, have you received a copy of the deal created yesterday to confirm the service and price? 
If so, does this state you're on a TV bundle with an additional TV box and is the total price as agreed?

Also, could you please advise if when you accepted the deal we advised this price will take effect on your existing contract with us, meaning there would be no changes at it's length and expiry date?

Let us know of the above, we're here to assist further where needed.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

keithrob
On our wavelength

Hi Adri,

Hope this is the info you are asking for.

I received by email whilst on the phone with the call centre contact yesterday an email saying " Virgin Media Contract Information Sheet"

This gave the contract length as 18 months dated 24th February 2023. and showing the cost as agreed, The package breakdown shown was the same as I currently have with the exception that the additional TV Box we have had for many years was not shown. This I queried and was assured that the additional box was showing, presumably on the call centre screen. The contract price was as agreed with three promotional/discounts showing price rises at months 13 and 19. This sheet also states my package choice and the minimum contract length as 18 months.

I assumed from this that a new 18 month contract had been agreed which would supersede my current one which was due to expire on 14th July 2023.

As I said in my earlier email the conversations were very challenging and I had to ask both the young ladies to repeat a lot of things.   However I have this "Contract Information Sheet" which contains all the relevant facts as agreed, therefore I remain puzzled why this contract is not showing on my online account, which still only shows my previous contract dated 15th January 2022.

I would really like to know what my current contract situation is and  hope you can assist in sorting it, as I would prefer not to have to undergo all the hassle of changing suppliers after 26 years with Virgin Media.

Hi @keithrob 

Thanks for coming back to us. I will PM you now to assist further.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

mjsp8
On our wavelength
Hi:
Renegoiated my package with no problems.When I asked about cancelling my phone line which I dont use I was transferred to an english speaking lady and she was brilliant with sorting a new package for me,just try that and se if it works.

Malc