cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free v360 upgrade problem

jarramackem
Dialled in

Hi,

So my v6 box started playing up, recordings getting choppy, losing sound etc so I guess its the hd starting to fail (live TV is great).

I remembered the free v360 upgrade email I had so thought I may as well. I rang up, explained what was happening and asked for the box to be swapped. All is good apart from the guy getting my name wrong all the way through and getting cut off three times - he did ring me back though. Then today when I checked the email the guy changed my whole package. So on the phone I went to see what was happening, new box is coming tomorrow, but they cant re instate my old package until I have the new box up and running. I have to wait till Friday or Saturday for a call back. 

What are your guys doing? how can a simple box swap turn into a package downgrade and hassle for your customers?

8 REPLIES 8

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey jarramackem, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community I am so sorry to hear this.

I can also see posting this you have been in contact with the team, did they manage to resolve this for you?

Also this would be because they sent you a new box they would need for this to be delivered before they make any changes on our side.

Please can you keep us updated on how you get on. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Thanks for the reply,

The new box is due today, but I still dont understand why my contract was changed - downgraded - I now have to wait for a call on Friday or Saturday to according to your guy on the phone "find you a new deal". I negotiated a new deal early January, now I'm there again. It just creates hassle for me, even more so when the people we deal with have as much a problem understanding me and me understanding them. Who knows I might get a better deal out of this if I'm lucky!

Ok just took delivery of a remote. So I guess I'm still going to need a new box, as the problems with recordings will likely still be there.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @jarramackem 

You don't receive a new box when upgrading froma  V6 to a 360. The box receives a software update so it runs the 360 operating system. part of this update formats the hard drive so you loose all recordings and series links.

There should have been either a sticker inside the remote control box, or instructions printed on the inside of the remote control box describing how to process the update (screenshot below)

There is also a VM youtube video showing the process <<< here >>> 

upgrade v6.jpg

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Yeah I know the upgrade was only the free remote, like I said I asked for and was told I would get a new box. Still doesn't explain the changes to my account that I didn't ask for.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @jarramackem 

Hopefully when the hard drive being re- formatted as part of the regrade to 360 will cure it's issues. If it  doesn't then I'm afraid you will probably need to go via Faults for a box exchange.

If you were on one of the older obsolete packages then the systems may have automatically moved you over to the nearest equivalent. When that happens the channels that are lost are usually the additional kids TV channels, although there have also been instances such as Sky Movies and Sky Sports being removed. These need a manual override to add them on again.

VM's systems could defintely be better, they can't process another change which is what you need doing until the 360 is updated on their systems and shown to be activated and working.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

So, no phone call from VM. What a farce this has turned out to be, on top of everything my tv box looks like its packed up. 

Hi there @jarramackem, thanks for your reply.

I'm sorry to see that you have not had any call from the team as promised. This is certainly not the level of service we'd expect you to have.

I will be happy to take a look at this for you so I'll send you a PM to confirm your details.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules