Menu
daley110
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Free Xbox!!!!!! not.

Can anybody at Virgin explain why I was promised a "free" Xbox when I called last week to discuss my bill, after 22 years with Virgin the nice chap on the phone informed me he had authority to issue as a long serving customer.

Too good to be true - I was given a reference number - but as you can imagine the text never arrived nor did the free gift, nice. I have to call virgin to find out "not eligible for existing customers" but nobody contacted me to say that after I was given a ref number...

Again, dangle the carrot to your loyal customers then whip the carpet from underneath your feet.

Well done Virgin

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Free Xbox!!!!!! not.

common pratice with all providers. you are a customer you get nothing. blame the nuber of people that are to lazy to move ISP every time the contract is up. no need to give back once people are signed up.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
daley110
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hmmmm, perhaps one of the Virgin team could actually explain why this was offered for me to stay - then whip it away once i signed the new 12 month contract, perhaps they should listen to the recording of the conversation to clarify.

Either way a verbal agreement was in place, and regardless of the "not eligible to existing customers" should offer some sort of compensation for the incorrect information, broken verbal agreement and the fact that a family member waited all day for this to arrive. Perhaps a new Xbox?

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

hmmmm - something not right here and it deserves a better answer than we [SU's] can give

@ModTeam - if true this is lies at best and fraud at worst imo - can someone investigate please

Tony
Forum Team (Retired) Kaz_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi daley110

I appreciate you popping by with regards to the Xbox offer.

We would like to get this investigated for you to find out what happened on the call if possible and to do so we would need to request copies of the call log for you.

This process can take up to 30 days.

I have sent a PM to you that you can find on the top right in the purple envelope and if you can pop back to me on this that would be great.

Hope to speak soon!

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Chopper123
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I was a new customer an chose the package that come with an xbox and still haven't received one, I joined over 6 months ago, there scamming people, ive been in contact with them a few times and again and again they don't know what there doing and I still haven't received any xbox, I told my 6 year old son it would come for his bday, that was in February, what a joke it all is

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Kath_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Chopper123, 

Thanks for your post. 

I have already replied to your other post here: £50 Credit never recieved

Please make sure you are only posting once about your issue. We understand it's frustrating when something's not right however posting more than once about the same fault makes the boards look busier than what they actually are. It also means we could take longer to reply due to needing to sift through duplicate posts.
Have a look at my reply on the other thread and stick with that one so we keep all the information in one place. 
Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos