cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free Netflix

Johnb1978
Tuning in

Hi

We have a free Netflix standard subscription as part of our package. When trying to sign into the app on the tv it’s asks to choose a subscription and says we will be billed? We have followed the activation link but still get this. Any ideas? Thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Johnb1978

We'll resend the activation link and ensure that the access to activate Netflix is enabled on your My Virgin Media account. This can take up to 5 workings days. Please let us know if you are having any further issues with your activation once this information is received. Hopefully this will be resolved for you soon. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

17 REPLIES 17

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @Johnb1978,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issue on the forums.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your Netflix account, what happened, when you followed the activation link? Did it say that your account had been activated?

Did you have a Netflix account before you got the Netflix service as part of your bundle? 

Regards,

Steven_L

Hi 

After clicking the activation link it said to go to Netflix app or website and login. We have done this creating a new account but just asks to add a plan and card details to be charged.

Thanks for coming back to us Johnb1978. 

Would you be able to proceed with the registration and we should then be able to combine your account with your Virgin Media package.

Regards,

Steven_L

So when we are asked to pick a plan we should select the standard £10.99 subscription and add out card details to be charged? That doesn’t seem correct as it’s meant to be part of our tv package?

If you do that you will be charged by Netflix. If you take the option to be billed via Virgin , it will be cancelled within a few days !

It depends whether Virgin are saying that if you pay Netflix they will credit you every month until it is resolved , and if you trust them to do so....

You’d think there would be an easy way to sort this! Not sure I want to chance paying and for something that’s meant to part of the package we signed up for!

Hi Johnb1978

Can you send us a screenshot please of what it shows?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

9F300440-4C80-4BD1-B516-53A48AD6FB6E.jpeg

Hi Johnb1978, 

Thanks for coming back to us with a screenshot. 

It looks as though you are trying to add the premium service there so you would be charged for this. Only the Basic Netflix is included in the package. 

As you're completing the billing through Virgin Media, if you're charged the full amount then we will credit this for you each month. 

When you log in to My VM, you should have a Netflix tile there. Can you click on this and complete the set up? Does it give you a different pathway or does the same thing happen?

Let us know. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs