cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free LG 4K TV not received

pauladdy23
Tuning in

Can anybody contact me in regards to escalating my query regarding the free 4k TV that was promised when taking out the contact. I ordered in August and had the install completed in October. Was told I would recieved it back end of December which would have been 60 days. January comes round and still nothing so I contact via the Wattsapp chat and they open a hardware exceptions form and say somebody will contact me within 72 hours. Nothing, I have contacted both by phone and the chat and hear the same thing over and over.

However last week I contacted and they said I would be recieving it last Friday. It's now Wednesday the week after and still nothing. 

Can somebody contact me to discuss this please and to confirm details?

32 REPLIES 32

Hey paulladdy23, thank you for reaching out and letting us know this.

Please do keep us updated when it turns up and I hope you have a lovely weekend. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

@pauladdy23

How did you raise ticket/complaint? I've been told I'm not eligible despite salesperson and vm customer services confirming I would get tv when deal agreed. 

@Clark52 wrote:

@pauladdy23

How did you raise ticket/complaint? I've been told I'm not eligible despite salesperson and vm customer services confirming I would get tv when deal agreed. 

compliants link is: https://www.virginmedia.com/help/complaints However I have found it to be useless. I did speak to a guy called Steven who was far better then any of the other advisors and is chasing things up and dropping me courtesy calls. Maybe try and request to speak to him if possible. I'm writing to BBC whatch dog about the whole thing and I advise you do too.

I'm in the same boat, installation end of Feb 2022, year later still waiting for TV, exact same problems - getting nowhere with WhatsApp/complaint. Ordered direct via Virgin told to wait for increasing lengths of time, it's been escalated numerous times/ managers reviewing - told awaiting response/update and promised call backs/emails  yet hear nothing back. Called Exertis in May last year they told me hadn't received order, but by Nov VM confirmed ordered placed (9 months late) and would be with me by 2nd Dec or they would "personally resolve" - pfft - meant nothing at all. Continue to contact resolutions team and live chat, no-one is taking ownership or resolving. Still waiting for TV, wish I had gone with Sky Glass now! If I don't hear of delivery date by tomorrow I have a letter to Ombudsman and advertising standards agency drafted to be issued. I have spent in the region of 15 hours trying to get this resolved, this last week I confirmed my next actions and got nothing back but the same message- it's being looked into to resolve as quickly as possible but they can't give an update. Sure BBC watchdog would be interested if we all write in? 

Leesred, I've been waiting for contact from the 'deadlock' team since I was told on 24th February that I would not be getting tv as the salesperson had not processed the order in time! Apparently the contact from the deadlock team will outline my next options and give the final say so that I can contact ombudsman. Chased this up for over a week now and still no further forward. Signed with Virgin because of the 'deal' I'm yet to receive and the broadband of 1gb only comes through at 120mb!!!

pauladdy23
Tuning in

I actually recieved my TV back in February. Advice once you have the Exertis email contact them rather than VM. Their customer service is excellent. 

Exertis phone number is 01282 776776 and email is virginsupport@exertis.co.uk

Oh but make sure you contact VM constantly, if you get someone on the phone that's un helpful hang up and dial again. Once you find someone helpful get them to chase up with you every couple of days and get them to keep sending the hardware exceptions form off. If they tell you they can't call you to chase up it's rubbish because they did with me eventually and the guy I dealt with was spot on.

Good luck guys!

Pauladdy, I contacted exertis and they never got the order from virgin.... I got someone helpful via here but apparently they're no longer in this department. I've had email saying I can't have the TV and escalated to deadlock team but nothing from them as yet. I've been chasing up again via private message with the new agent but not getting much luck. Glad to hear you eventually got your tv though!

Thanks for the advice, still no update 😒, despite more promises of response. I think you can progress without deadlock letter after 8 weeks following complaint if not resolved. I perhaps stupidly thought I was getting somewhere with PM through forum, but 2 weeks on and no-one can give an update. Will wait until Thursday evening then putting in complaint to Ombudsman. Will let you know how I get on.

That is ridiculous, essentially confirming they made a mistake and doing nothing to resolve. 

Virgin basically said the contract was signed a day late and they won't give me the tele. Despite the salesperson confirming I would get it, there's nothing in contract. We'll see what happens but still haven't received the deadlock letter which was apparently requested on 24th February