cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free LG 4K TV not received

pauladdy23
Tuning in

Can anybody contact me in regards to escalating my query regarding the free 4k TV that was promised when taking out the contact. I ordered in August and had the install completed in October. Was told I would recieved it back end of December which would have been 60 days. January comes round and still nothing so I contact via the Wattsapp chat and they open a hardware exceptions form and say somebody will contact me within 72 hours. Nothing, I have contacted both by phone and the chat and hear the same thing over and over.

However last week I contacted and they said I would be recieving it last Friday. It's now Wednesday the week after and still nothing. 

Can somebody contact me to discuss this please and to confirm details?

32 REPLIES 32

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

Whilst it's always possible VM fully intend to deliver on their promise, there's other people who've been messed about for months, presumably as part of a wider strategy of promising something, but hoping that months of obfuscation and delay will mean the customers eventually give up.  Of course one instance doesn't prove anything, but where there's other instances....well you get my drift.

As a first step, raise a formal complaint with VM.  This is unlikely to get any useful result, but if the TV still doesn't materialise then having formally complained to VM is a prerequisite for taking the matter to Ombudsman Services, 

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @pauladdy23 thanks for your post although I'm sorry to hear of your concerns raised here regarding the free TV.

Please allow me to send you a PM so I can look into things further for you.

Kindly expect the PM from me to arrive shortly, and respond directly when you can!
Many thanks

Tom_W

@Andrew-G wrote:

Whilst it's always possible VM fully intend to deliver on their promise, there's other people who've been messed about for months, presumably as part of a wider strategy of promising something, but hoping that months of obfuscation and delay will mean the customers eventually give up.  Of course one instance doesn't prove anything, but where there's other instances....well you get my drift.

As a first step, raise a formal complaint with VM.  This is unlikely to get any useful result, but if the TV still doesn't materialise then having formally complained to VM is a prerequisite for taking the matter to Ombudsman Services, 

Thanks for your reply. Yes it's a complete joke and watchdog do need to get involved. So frustrating and poor customer service on virgin media's part .

@Tom_W1 wrote:

Hi @pauladdy23 thanks for your post although I'm sorry to hear of your concerns raised here regarding the free TV.

Please allow me to send you a PM so I can look into things further for you.

Kindly expect the PM from me to arrive shortly, and respond directly when you can!
Many thanks

Please can somebody chase up with me today? Was told I would recieve a response ASAP but almost 24 hours later is certainly not and I'm no further to getting this sorted. I will be contacting external companies such as Citizens advice should this not be resolved by the end of this week.

I've had the same issue as pauladdy23 and not received the free TV. Raised via customer service team numerous times and nothing received. Latterly told I would get email confirmation that it was being processed. Still nothing. Contacted via social media, told to ring customer services.

How can this get resolved? Been over 3 months since tv and Internet connected.

Hello Clark52

Thanks for posting in regards to the offer and the problems resolving the TV offered, we appreciate you raising this via the forums and welcome to the community.

We have help here in regards to gifts with purchases. Can you confirm if the deal was taken via ourselves or via a third party website or comparison site? If it was via a third party it may be that they are responsible for the fulfilment of the gift with purchase and you will need to contact them.

Rob

Hi Rob.

The offer was taken direct with a Virgin salesperson. I can see from the link you provided that it states Exertis will dispatch Within 28 days of activation. As this has now been over 3 months, how do you suggest I resolve the issue as the telephone number for Exertis just rings and rings.

Many thanks

pauladdy23
Tuning in

Can anybody from Virgin media please respond.

I would suggest that you'll both need to speak with Ombudsman Services if the forum staff can't sort this out.  Unfortunately for VM, Ombudsman Services charge VM around £400 for a full adjudication (I used to work for a company who also used Ombudsman Services, I've a pretty sound idea of how it all works).  And VM will be held at fault and have to sort of the free gift and compensation.

Now, if forum staff can't cut through the chaotic mess of marketing offer fulfilment (and it does seem that way), then can I suggest that they might think as an alternative having a word with the relevant people in VM to sort out a generous bill credit to the tune of the current market price of the TV in question plus say £70 that the ombudsman would certainly apply?  That's potentially quick, resolves the matter for the customers who are currently being let down, takes the messed-up fulfilment process out of the equation, and most importantly for VM, avoids two lots of adjudication fees?