cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fraudulent account has been set up in my name

ThisIsMe
Joining in

Please can someone from Virgin Media respond to this.  I have spent 40 minutes on hold this morning trying to get through to your customer services to report a fraudulent account that has been set up in my name.  I know this because I got an email from you saying you had been to my house to do an installation this morning, but you have not, so someone is clearly using my name and email address when they are not me. 

I eventually got through to someone who said she would raise a ticket and took my email address and phone number, but then the line went dead so I have no idea if she raised a ticket or not.  Please can you contact me so that I know what you are going to do about this.  I do not want this to end up with someone not paying and it affecting my credit record.  They have also set up a Netflix account through you as well, as I got an email from Netflix asking me to set up a password. 

I would also like to complain about how you deal with issues like this.  On your website in the security pages, it tells you to phone the customer services number if you think someone has set up a fraudulent account, but there are no options for security, and the wait is very long.  You should have a separate phone number for fraud to be reported. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @ThisIsMe,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I am really sorry to hear about all of this. I'm certainly keen to get this looked into and resolved for you ASAP, and so I'm going to send you a private message in a few moments to get a few more details. Please respond to this when you can and we'll proceed from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @ThisIsMe,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I am really sorry to hear about all of this. I'm certainly keen to get this looked into and resolved for you ASAP, and so I'm going to send you a private message in a few moments to get a few more details. Please respond to this when you can and we'll proceed from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

@Zach_R where do I find private messages?

Hi @ThisIsMe,

There's a purple envelope towards the top of the page. If you click on that you'll head to your inbox.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team