Menu
smartacus
On our wavelength
Message 11 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Re: Fraud loading of direct debit

Thats the issue with Virgin I have done that, but they cannot or will not resolve issues.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 12 of 20
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Discuss the matter with Citizens Advice who will be able to best advise how to reclaim the money and under which laws.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 13 of 20
Flag for a moderator

@smartacus wrote:

Thats the issue with Virgin I have done that, but they cannot or will not resolve issues.

just to add a bit of detail as you suggest people you are speaking to are offshore - retentions used to 100% UK but that sadly is no longer true

to get to UK people 

dial 150 or 0345 454 1111 and follow the prompts to - 'thinking of leaving us' - then "technical issues" - dont worry about that they do much more - open 8am -10pm 7 days a week - should take you to a UK call centre

i am not saying they can resolve the problem but you have a better chance

i would also suggest speaking to your bank - not sure what the DD guarantee covers but will do no harm to talk to them

Tony
0 Kudos
smartacus
On our wavelength
Message 14 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Thanks it's the most unethical dysfunctional company I've been with

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Kaz_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 15 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hi smartacus

I appreciate you getting in touch regarding the extras and TV service.

I can see this has been logged as a complaint with our teams and they have looked into this for you.

We are unable to intercede at this point as a resolution has already been reached via this process.

If you are unhappy with this you have the option to log this with CISAS for independent review.

Please let us know if we can help with anything else.

Kind regards.

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
smartacus
On our wavelength
Message 16 of 20
Flag for a moderator

A resolution has been reached ! as far as I'm concerned  I have not been informed one and a half weeks later. What legal / moral right have you to take money from my Bank account that I havn't agreed to and cannot access as I have no TV connection

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Kaz_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 17 of 20
Flag for a moderator

I do apologise if this has not yet been delivered to you.

Please allow our teams to respond in letter or via email depending on your preferred choices previously given to the complaint we have looked into.

Complaints that are raised have a potential time frame of up to 28 days to be responded to. You should get your repsonse from the company soon.

Kindest regards.

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
smartacus
On our wavelength
Message 18 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Is this not indicative of Virgins contempt for its customers, as far as I'm concerned you have committed Fraud by placing bundles on my account I do not want or cannot even access. The only explanation I have been given is that I'm at fault for not checking my direct debit to see what you have been stealing out of my account. Then that it cannot be changed, words fail me to describe the complete lack of clarity, and moral responsibility.  

0 Kudos
jamesofmerton
Knows their stuff
Message 19 of 20
Flag for a moderator

there is no fraud there is no stealing . a mess up allegedly yes. if you were actually convinced it was fraud/theft you would have been to the police by now.

as for checking dd yes it is your responsibility to check just as it is mine to check regularly. the ombudsman would certainly say you bear some responsibility there even though virgin are allegedly at fault. regular checks and the issue would have been resolved early on.

'as far as I'm concerned' - what you or any other customer says with any company they deal with is not taken as gospel, hence why an investigation is taking place first and in line with many other companies, can take up to 28 days.

sit back, wait and see what virgin say. if you don't like the resolution, then go to the ombudsman.

smartacus
On our wavelength
Message 20 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Getting correct information out of Virgin is continuous obstructionism, theyre using agents that haven't a clear understanding of the English language. So cannot give clear advice. We have challenged them over our bill in the past, it now seems for years they have charged for a tv connection we dont have. When trying to understand theyre Invoice on line it leads to a defunct web page, the paper invoice doesn't breakdown where the charges are coming from. Then some bizarre practise of loading your account. Going to an Ombudsman  is a last resort as for a communications company they cannot answer simple questions but continue taking money out of my account, for services we haven't or cannot use