cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fraud - do not want a SIM card

Beijingmac
Tuning in

Virgin Media deliberately defrauded my account. I told them I DID NOT WANT A SIM CARD. 

THEY SIGNED ME UP ANYWAY. THUS IS BLATANT FRAUD. 

THEY took 12£. From my account through FRAUD!!

refund my £12 !!!!

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

9 REPLIES 9

Koda
Up to speed

It sounds like you signed up to a 'Volt' package. That comes with an o2 SIM card as part of the deal. Taking the SIM reduces the price of your Virgin Media services, gives you double the speed of your home broadband, and doubles the data allowance on the SIM Card. 

If you're unhappy you likely have a cooling off period to undo the new contract you negotiated. And if you feel you have been mis-sold you can submit a formal complaint. 

In either case, you're far better calling up and/or sending a letter by the official channels to discuss this rather than posting to a public forum if you want to get quick results. While there are staff members on here, they don't have the ability to make changes to your contract like this. 

I DIDI NOT SIGN UP FOR SIM CARD. I WAS DEFRAUDED BY TWO VIRGIN REPRESENTATIVES. I WILL FILE A POLICE REPORT IF NOT CORRECTED. THE FRAUD WAS WILL FUL AND DELIBERATE. 

STEVE

Hi @Beijingmac 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. Sorry to hear of this allegation. As per Koda's advice, it sounds like a Volt deal but we would have fully made you aware both at point of sale, in the pre-contract which you need to agree to and the full contract you get before proceeding.

I'll send you a PM though to help further.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Because of Virgin deceptive and unlawful billing practices can I cancel my bank direct debit request from Virgin until the matter is resolved?

That's not a good idea, they will simply refer the matter to debt collectors and it will impact your credit record for years to come. 

Please confirm that you have received a copy of the email I sent to Michelle Beville, Chief of Consumer Affairs proving that I tried to pay my bill. 

Beijingmac
Tuning in

Dear Ms Beville

If I may ask for your help again. I sent you a previous message about this issue back in July. 

I set up a broadband account, set up automatic billing, and the broadband works fine. You sent out two wonderful engineers, Martin (07985 80xxxx) and Matthew (07973 81xxxx) and they installed a new cover plate. 

However, my online account has never been activated. 

I sent you an email about this two months ago but the online account is still not active. I have made several calls to your company but they never return my calls after promising to do so. 

Can you please activate my online account? I already have the modem installed just reconnect please. 

I am attaching a copy of my contract and a screenshot of my direct billing. The contract is for £17.99 per month for 18 months beginning June 27, 2022 and ends December 27, 2023

Contract 31866xxxx

Please activate my online account and billing. 

Thanks for your help Ms Beville. 

Best regards and sincerely,

Steve McIntosh

0746664xxxx

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post.]

Beijingmac
Tuning in

10/7/2022

To [REMOVED] Head of Customer support 

Dear Ms Beville

Thank you so much for sending two engineers to my home to connect my broadband. They were friendly, competent and were successful. BT failed and I would still be waiting for internet service if I had stayed with them. 

One more thing. I could use your help in opening my online account and getting a proper contract. I have been unable to do so by calling support. 

Thanks again for your help!

[REMOVED]

Account Number: [REMOVED]

UB3 [REMOVED]

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post.]

Hi @Beijingmac 

My apologies, if you need to provide further information, you can pass this back privately to my colleague that is supporting you privately as personal and sensitive information will be removed from the public thread. 

I recommend posting this back privately to the agent so they can support further. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley