cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forgot security password

Hasher
Joining in

Good morning,

Yesterday I called you for first time to deal with something, and you ask me for some characters of a security password, which I have never heard about it. The guy tried to send me a form to fill it, but I didn't recieve anything. Then, to deal with that and for futures calls, please I would need to reset that password to avoid that problems in the future.

Thank you.

40 REPLIES 40

Hi @Nova1,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help. 

I am very sorry to hear you've been unable to clear security with the team. If that's the case, a letter would be sent out to the account holder. It wouldn't be sent via email.

What's your reason for contacting the team exactly?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Oluson
Joining in

Hi,

Is there another way to reset my security password without having to wait 3-5 working days for a letter in the post?

Regards,

Olu

Try phoning. An Indian sounding lady gave me a new password just like that - and I was able to immediately gain access to my account and emails.

Hi Oluson,

A warm welcome and thanks for posting. Sorry to hear that you we're unable to pass security and are now waiting on a password reminder letter to be sent to you.

If you were not able to remember the password on your account and failed secondary security questions, (We would only ask these if you were the account holder). We will have to send you a password reminder. 

Unfortunately, there is no other way around this. 

If you are trying to access your online account, you can always try the forgotten password option, this will then prompt you with alternative security questions. 

Kind regards Jodi. 

Just to clarify my previous post, the password was given after I passed secondary security questions.

The password given was not my previous one. I'm not going to say what it was. What I will say is that it did not consist of entirely random letters and numbers and that I didn't choose it. It worked though and I regained access to my My Virgin Media account and webmail .

I've since changed the password but didn't think to do so immediately and wonder if my emails have been read/downloaded by others in the meantime.

Hi @TresFrustre,

Thank you for clarifying. Please do let us know if there's anything more that we can assist you with.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

akaylog
Joining in

I would like to get my security password reset as well. Can you please help?

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there akaylog,

Welcome to the community.

I've dropped you a PM so we can investigate this further.

You'll find this message within the purple envelope icon.

Thanks,

Kain

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for your cooperation over PM akaylog,

I'm writing publicly to just update the thread on the progress made.

That should be sorted for you now, if you do have anymore queries then please don't hesitate to contact our team again.

Take care,

Kain

I have a problem with the same. I have been calling virgin for the past 2 months but no assistance.