cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forgot my security answers and old email account

AH05
Just joined

Hi,  

I set up my virgin media account over 11 years ago and have now decided to cancel my router and telephone contract with virgin media. I no longer have access to my old email address which I used to set up my account, and no longer remember the security answers I set when initially configuring my account. I’ve attempted to cancel my contract over call, however keep getting rejected as I do not know my security answers. 

Is there an alternative way to cancel my contract?

Many thanks 

3 REPLIES 3

jem101
Superstar

Are you still able to log into the my.virginmedia.com portal to get your account number, (you don't need to still have access to the old email address to do this)?

If you can, or even if you can't but know your account number, you can cancel by sending a letter (to be honest, this is probably the best option anyway), to the Sunderland office - the address is on the website, somewhere, just look up 'how to cancel'

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @AH05 

VM can ask other questions to verify you as the account holder.

Hopefully you pay by direct debit.  If so your half way there as a few of the questions relate to your payments

Your bank statement will contain the VM account number.  The account number will be the first 9 digits.

One of the questions they may ask is what was the amount of your last bill?  They may also ask for your sort code.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi AH05, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community although we are sorry to hear you're having an issue with cancelling your account. 

We're unable to process cancellations via the Community however there are 3 ways in which you can cancel:

• You can speak to the team on 0345 454 1111 and selecting options 1, 4 then 4 again. 
  • You can WhatsApp the team on 07305327112. Replies aren't instant and can take a few hours however it does allow you to go about your day whilst waiting for a reply. 
  • You can write a letter stating that you wish to cancel your services. You will need to include a few details including - Your account number, your name and full address as well as contact details for you. Send your letter to Virgin Media, Sunderland, SR43 4AA. 

The team will need to pass data protection with you but will be able to process your 30 day notice from any of these 3 routes. 

Let us know how you get on or if you need further assistance. 
Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs