cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flash Sale for no activation / set-up fee, but charged the fee?

anxietycrossing
Tuning in

Hi VM,

Just wanted to post a query regarding my recent order and installation of Virgin Media.

After having issues with getting my account sorted and needing to wait an extra couple of weeks to get Internet due to a pre-existing account at the address not having been closed, I finally managed to get my order sorted via phone.

I was informed of the £35 activation / set-up fee so it isn't a surprise to me, but after that I've been seeing ads for Virgin mentioning that there's an ongoing flash sale whereby there's no activation fee, including for the Volt bundle I ended up getting I believe? The Facebook ad is dated September 6th, which is before I placed my phone order on the 12th with an agent called Lee (who was very helpful by the way, I appreciate his help).

Is it possible to get that fee waived / removed due to this sale that I therefore should have benefitted from? (If not for that reason, for the inconvenience caused by the delay would be nice 😅)

Thanks for reading and answering 😊

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Just wanted to reply and confirm Lee was able to assist me via DM with this, and I'm all sorted now.

Thanks to Lee #1 and Lee #2 for both helping me out with the new package! All the best.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What are/were the terms and relevant dates of this flash sale?

Do you comply with them?

For example, it may have been for ordering online or via a third party or ……., which you didn’t comply with?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

For additional context per the previous message -

•  The advert states "we've knocked the £35 setup fee off all our broadband packages" (this does not say "broadband only packages, so any package including a broadband primary element is implied to be included)
  • The deal ends September 21st according to the advert
  • Viewing the linked packages page does not state or clarify if the deal is only applicable to online orders or all, which implies it's available for all orders whether placed online or by phone

As my order was submitted between the posting date (September 6th) and the sale end on the 21st, I believe I should be eligible, unless there's any kind of hidden condition somewhere I can't find.

Was just inquiring as it would seem unfair to pay a fee I don't need to, when I was made to order the bundle on the phone anyway in order to get it sorted as fast as possible as I'd already been waiting nearly two weeks longer than I should have been for the kit to be delivered and my account to be activated 🥲

So if it can be waived / written off per the sale or the inconvenience, then all good. I'd find it weird if I was charged a fee when supposedly all packages at the moment aren't charging a set up fee...

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Given this deal is still active, please supply a link to it then we can all see its detail.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I'm not really sure how I can do that, but if you visit the main page, every bundle currently says "no set up fee" under it. And an ad at the top for "from £26" has "no set up fee" in a big circle...

https://www.virginmedia.com/broadband?gclid=CjwKCAjwg5uZBhATEiwAhhRLHuOnGoYohqcefCC_PrC285eyF3ZfnXfG...

If I see the Facebook ad come back again, I'll edit this post with a link to it. I have a screenshot already which I can share below.

Screenshot_20220917-101242_Facebook.jpg

I can't edit my message after this long it seems so here's a link to the FB ad I sent a screenshot of above.

I don't think there's any additional info I can provide further to this, this is as much as I've seen and am inquiring further regarding.

https://www.facebook.com/197718073574892/posts/pfbid0NdQQyyCwAdHX1DafDk9vbiVwfj63wjDfdS7hRHQsx1gm1Ev...

Hi anxietycrossing, thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.

Sorry to hear for any confusion around the activation fee.  I would love to take a closer look on your behalf and offer some clarification.  I am going to send you a private message.  Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R

Just wanted to reply and confirm Lee was able to assist me via DM with this, and I'm all sorted now.

Thanks to Lee #1 and Lee #2 for both helping me out with the new package! All the best.

That's great, anxietycrossing.

Thanks for confirming your issue is resolved. Remember, if you ever need assistance in the future, our fantastic community and forum team are always willing to lend a hand. Also, please bear in mind that our website offers lots of helpful information and also, you can manage your account from here.

Regards

Lee_R