Menu
23Poppy
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Final bill

Just had a final bill - claims that changes to my contract were made on 29th July 2019 - usually £78 but bill is for £102.64.

Called 08438505300 - rate is 7p per minute - are they allowed to charge this???

Raised a formal complaint with Manish - a manager of the centre who answered the call.

Cancelled direct debit so they can't grab the money

Furious that they have caused me so much stress -  grateful for any advice 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Final bill

Hi there @23Poppy

Welcome to the Forums and for your post - sorry to understand that there has been some confusion with your final bill. 

Not sure what the number is that you have got - you can contact us directly on 150/03454541111. The 0345 number is charged the same as calling an 01 or 02 number and is usually included within most call tariffs. 

When looking at your final bill, it should advise what the charges are for. When did your account close? 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
23Poppy
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello Katie

The phone number I called was from an internet search for Virgin customer service.

My contract finished yesterday the 13th August - phone was ported to talk talk on 29th July but I have made very clear all along that I was not closing Virgin account but would not be renewing it. It appears that they feel they have the right to do whatever they like with no regard for customers.

I’ve previously spoken to customer services in UK who have advised me that the system generates emails automatically and I can ignore them.

Why can’t they realise that their systems are causing enormous stress and frustration. I have changed providers simply because of the high costs Virgin were charging and to be faced with a final bill of £102.64 is outrageous.

Regards

Annette

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply @23Poppy - I am sorry about your experience. 

I have located your account via your Forum information and will pop you a Private Message so we can go through security Smiley Happy 

We would always advise to use the contact numbers available on our website and as shown on our own sites such as our Forums/Facebook/Twitter; these are our official numbers and are either free from a Virgin Media landline/mobile or charges at local rates. 

Please check for a purple envelope and pop me a reply when you can. 

Thanks

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Glad we were able to get things sorted out for you @23Poppy

If you have any other queries or concerns please do not hesitate to pop back to our Forums and either the Community or our team will be more than happy to help you out. 

Cheers so much 

Katie - Forum Team

0 Kudos