cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Final bill

N1kk11
Tuning in

My oomph package finishes at the end of the month. I want to know exactly what I owe as I don't want them taking money on the 20th as I believe I've already paid for the month in advance,  I don't want a refund later I don't want them to take the money I don't owe. How can I find out the amount as I'm finding it hard to get a number and speak to someone other than on WhatsApp ( which I spent 4 days trying to get an answer in(

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@N1kk11 wrote:

My oomph package finishes at the end of the month. I want to know exactly what I owe as I don't want them taking money on the 20th as I believe I've already paid for the month in advance,  I don't want a refund later I don't want them to take the money I don't owe. How can I find out the amount as I'm finding it hard to get a number and speak to someone other than on WhatsApp ( which I spent 4 days trying to get an answer in(

Have you already given VM your 30 days cancellation notice?  If so you will receive your Final Bill once all services have been disconnected.

VM contracts are for a mimimum period.  It then continues on a rolling contract until you contact them and cancel by giving  VM your 30 days notice, as per section N of the Terms_and_Conditions 

N. Other ways to end this agreement
1. In addition to your rights to cancel during the cooling off period, either you or we may end this agreement at any time (including during or at the end of any minimum period) by giving the other 30 days’ notice. You can provide notice and end this agreement under this provision by: 
1. dialling 0345 454 1111 from any phone (for information on how much this call will cost from a Virgin Media home phone visit virginmedia.com/callcosts. Call costs from other networks and mobiles vary); or
2. writing to Virgin Media, Sunderland, SR43 4AA.
2. If you end this agreement in accordance with paragraph N1, you must pay any outstanding charges (including usage charges and line rental) up to
the end of your 30-day notice period. 
3. If you ask us to end supply of services during the relevant minimum period (except when you cancel during the cooling off period as described in
Section M above, or under paragraphs N6, N7, N8(2), N11 and R1(2) below) you may have to pay an early disconnection fee as set out in paragraph N5
by way of compensation to us for ending the services early.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@N1kk11 wrote:

Have you already given VM 30 days notice of cancellation?

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@N1kk11 wrote:

Have you already given VM your 30 days cancellation notice?  If so you will receive your Final Bill once all services have been disconnected.

VM contracts are for a mimimum period.  It then continues on a rolling contract until you contact them and cancel by giving  VM your 30 days notice, as per section N of the Terms_and_Conditions 

N. Other ways to end this agreement
1. In addition to your rights to cancel during the cooling off period, either you or we may end this agreement at any time (including during or at the end of any minimum period) by giving the other 30 days’ notice. You can provide notice and end this agreement under this provision by: 
1. dialling 0345 454 1111 from any phone (for information on how much this call will cost from a Virgin Media home phone visit virginmedia.com/callcosts. Call costs from other networks and mobiles vary); or
2. writing to Virgin Media, Sunderland, SR43 4AA.
2. If you end this agreement in accordance with paragraph N1, you must pay any outstanding charges (including usage charges and line rental) up to
the end of your 30-day notice period. 
3. If you ask us to end supply of services during the relevant minimum period (except when you cancel during the cooling off period as described in
Section M above, or under paragraphs N6, N7, N8(2), N11 and R1(2) below) you may have to pay an early disconnection fee as set out in paragraph N5
by way of compensation to us for ending the services early.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Yes I did but I'm still not sure if it was a bot or a person on WhatsApp because i was getting so frustrated with it after 3 days of trying to give notice I finally just wrote it in the chat and i had one response that said, along the lines of..... ive said what i want done and they will deal with it and get back to me...but 3 mornings running i got a new message saying they were due to open do i still need help and id respond with yes and then start all over again 😞

thats the issue.. i dont want a rolling contract i want it completely stopped and i just know they will take the money at the increased rate and ill not reg my money back or it will take ages.

Ive given the notice so i think ill just cancel the direct debit although i will try the number you have lited and see if i can talk to a person first

Hi @N1kk11 

Thanks for posting and welcome back to the community.

I am sorry for any cancellation dispute, I will send a PM now to assist further.

Kind regards

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill