cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Final Bill

Gemma1357
Joining in

Hello,

I asked for my Virgin Media account to be closed on the 18th April (yesterday). I was told that this was fine and everything would be disconnected then and I would receive a refund as my account would be in credit (a cheque through the post). I received a bill on the 7th April for the period of 24th April - 23 May. I understand this bill was generated because I was still a customer at that time.

However, I have cancelled my direct debit as I am no longer a customer and just want to be sure that the bill I received for upcoming services on 24th April - 23 May will not need to be paid (as I'm no longer using the services). Also wondering when I can expect my final bill to show that I am in credit and will be sent this money? And is the final bill posted or emailed?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Gemma1357 

Hopefully this will shed some light on how the final billing works.

When you cancel by  giving the 30 days notice period your are billed up until the date of disconnection. In this time if another bill has been produced before your disconnection date it will show that your are going to be charged for the month going forward. 

Once your disconnection goes through any advance charges on your account will be refunded back to you and you will receive a final revised bill with the correct amount owed.

If you are left with any credits on your account after the disconnection of your services you will be sent a cheque refund around 45 days after disconnection.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Gemma1357

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear that you're leaving us. You should receive your final bill within a few days of the disconnection date and will be sent which ever way you had your bills sent previously. The final bill in your case, will take over from the bill generated from the 7th April for the period of 24th April - 23 May. So no, the bill generated on the 7th April will not need to be paid as the final bill will be produced before any payment is due from a previous bill. 

If you have moved address, we can set up any billing/cheque to be forwarded onto an alternative address if needed. You should receive your cheque in the post within 45 days of the account closing. If you have further issues and concerns at all please don't hesitate to ask, we're here to help if needed. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley