Menu
Highlighted
Davefox87
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Final Bill

So virgin couldn't provide their service to me when I moved house which is fine... it's a new estate so there was always a chance that might happen. Not so good however is the fact that I get hot with a cancellation charge of over £240 thanks to their clever usage of the words "for whatever reason" in their contract... not happy but ok, I suck it up, chalk to experience and decide I'll never give virgin media any business in the future.

The only thing I have asked for is a receipt for my final bill showing the breakdown for services and cancellation fee as my new supplier is going to pay £100 of my cancellation fee for me... but only if I can provide proof. This has been like trying to get blood from a stone! Multiple phone calls and online chats and all i have received is a letter conforming my balance on my account is zero. If I go on the Virgin Media app or even the desktop website it won't allow me to access my bills as the account is disconnected even though it says I can access it for 90 days from disconnection!

I have tried all options I can think of and have got nowhere. Has anyone else had the same experience or knows how I can get a simple bill emailed to me because I am stumped!

I just want this final contact back from virgin before never having to deal with them again .

TIA

Dave
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Final Bill

Hi Dave

I appreciate you popping by and thank you for letting us know about the final bill request.

We can email a copy of this to you if you have not received the last bill from us but the final bill does not break down services in this way 

It will show Early Disconnection Fees per product and the main package bundle but you would not get a product breakdown on this.

I hope this helps a little.

Let us know if you need anything else.

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Davefox87
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Karen,

If you can email a copy of it to me that would be very helpful and greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks,

Dave

0 Kudos
shanematthews
Super solver
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hate to break it to you, but cancellation fees for moving to an area where they can't provide service are a thing for all utilities with a fixed term contract, BT would do exactly the same thing as would sky, it just happens less often for them as they have more coverage

0 Kudos
Davefox87
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Karen,

If you can email a copy of it to me that would be very helpful and greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks,

Dave

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dave, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this. 

We're not able to do this via the Community. You will need to speak to the team on 150 / 0345 454 1111 for them to get this out for you. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos