cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Final Bill credit refund following closing of account

MrDarcy1815
Joining in

Hi,

I cancelled my Virgin Media service recently to move to another provider. There is a credit outstanding on my bill that I am expecting to get refunded. Can you advise when I should receive this by?

thanks

5 REPLIES 5

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi MrDarcy1815,

Hopefully this will shed some light on how the final billing works.

When you cancel by  giving VM the 30 days notice period your are billed up until the date of disconnection. In this time if another bill has been produced before your disconnection date it will show that your are going to be charged for the month going forward. 

Once your disconnection goes through any advance charges on your account will be refunded back to you and you will receive a final revised bill with the correct amount owed.

If you are left with any credits on your account after the disconnection of your services you will be sent a cheque refund 45 days after disconnection.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Great!

So if, for example, my disconnection date was the 27th of April then I should have received my cheque on or around the 11th of June if I've done my sums right?

This doesn't feel like a particularly efficient service seeing as it's now the 7th of July.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again MrDarcy1815,

Your maths is spot on and I would have expected any refund cheque to arrive around 11th June.

Have you definitely received your Final Bill?

If you also changed address it may be a mix up and the account hasn't been updated with the new details.

You may have to contact Billing to check this. If you have a VM landline/mobile you can do this by dialling 150,  or 0345 454 1111 (normal rates) or freephone number 0800 052 0422.

A member of the Forum Team might pick this up for you in a day or two, take your details via PM and check the systems.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I received a bill for the period 27th April to 15th May. My service definitely stopped on the 27th April - as I found out when there was no internet that morning!

The bill itself was dated 12th May and had a credit amount on it.

I haven't changed address either.

Thanks

Hello MrDarcy1815

Thanks for raising your query in regards to the credit balance and refund advised on your account, we appreciate you taking the time to question this and welcome to the forum.

When services are disconnected, and credit balance on the account is sent to the customer within 35 days of the disconnection date. Given the dates you have advised the services were disconnected and that you're still living in the same property the services were installed at this should have been received by now.

I'm eager to look into this further for you so will send you a Private Message to get some more details to help get this resolved.

Thanks

Rob