cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Final Bill - Direct Debit or do I have to pay it myself

TM
Dialled in

Hi,

I've just received my final bill as I cancelled all your services last month. It doesn't have a Direct Debit date on it, so I'm left wondering whether I now have to make the payment myself or not.

I've tried twice to get through to a human on your infernal telephone menu system, but both times I got disconnected with a text message and a "Thanks for calling. Goodbye" message.

Can someone with a hearbeat please let me know the answer!

4 REPLIES 4

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi TM,

Welcome back to our Community Forums and thanks for your post. 

I do apologise for any confusion caused. 

I've taken a look into this and the direct debit should still be taken on the due date. Alternatively, if you sign into your online account you can make the outstanding payment yourself manually 🙂

Let me know if you have any further questions or issues. 

All the best with your new provider!

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Ayisha_B,

By "Due Date" I assume you mean the 28th (of May) as this is the date on which all previous Direct Debits have been taken.

If I pay it manually, how certain are you that VM won't double dip me and take it again on the 28th?

Regards

TM

clowns202
On our wavelength

If you pay manually delete the Direct Debit first.

It will take 45 days to get any refunds from Virgin Media by cheque and often chasing is required.

Manually paying will not stop the Direct Debit being taken unless, I repeat, you cancel the Direct Debit.

Ensure you pay in plenty of time so lates aren't registered, keep an eye on this via credit ref agencies.

They ballsed up my leaving and I had to keep checking back to ensure no more monies where owed and all was settled. 

I paid the max leaving fines and an extra month in the end.

_ _ _my_background _ _ _
Former VM customer of 15+ years. 1Gig, xl TV and phone packages. Finally gave up after months, and many hours, of trying to get them to fix things. Never seen a company like them!

BT 900meg full fibre BB, TV, Netflix + HomePhone+free calls with all support in UK. (£94 all in)

Prevously o2> Vodafone 5G Unlimited sim & 2x Vodafone 5G 100GB sims. (£50 all in)

Hi Clowns202,

Exactly the sort of scenario I want to avoid, so thanks for the tip about deleting the DD first. I don't want VM to drag this out any longer than necessary due to any mistakes on their part.