cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failure of complaints and resolution team - CISAS

MissyMe10
Joining in

Hello all,

12/01/2022 I gave notice to Virgin to disconnect, and I received confirmation in writing.
Disconnection date: 11/02/2022.
December invoice for £50.50 for services 12/01/2022 - 11/02/2022 - this was paid by direct debit in January 2022.
Should have been as simple as disconnect service 11/02/2022 - account closed....

May 2022 I get my first BPO debt collector letter demanding £165.50.
I dispute and they put the collection on hold whilst they correspond with VM.
This rises to £219.25 whilst discussions are taking place.

By the end of May, VM have responded, they admitted they had failed to disconnect and credited my account with £169.67 but insist I still owe them £49.58 - they used disconnection date plucked out of thin air of 07/03/2022.

I won't bore you with details, but what followed was a 2+ month long battle with both Virgin Media and BPO Collections. Despite laying out the facts in black and white, quoting invoice dates, services dates etc repeatedly I go absolutely no where.
BPO have bowed out at this point - they can see I definitely do not owe the money.

On Tuesday, I check my credit score, it's bombed from 933 to 665....
I have to pay Experian to find out why.
2 late payments registered by VM, plus a default notice registered in July.

So back I go to Virgin Media again, but also through this forum I become aware of CISAS!!!!! Thank you for that forum members 🙂

I raised a case with CISAS at the same time as emailing both VM's complaints (yet again) and credit reference department.
The good news is CISAS accepted my case and VM now have 10 working days to resolve.
16th August VM - you best get on it!

So the latest: I finally thought I was making headway. I get an email from the complaints team saying they have investigated and agreed I was fully paid up to disconnection date. They will credit my account with £49.58 and ask if this resolves my issue.
I respond with no, I go into detail about the credit reference files and default notice - that this needs correcting as well.

A bit later I get another email completely contradicting the first email, telling me the sum was "write off" and that it was a valid charge to my account so they not taking further action. Advising me I must take this up with credit reference agencies myself.

You could not make it up. Same team, the last stop in their customer service - the resolution team and they still can't grasp basic facts and get it right, or put right their mistakes. And a unwarranted default notice is a big mistake on their part.

I have never experienced the level of incompetence I have suffered for the past 3 months from VM. I can understand why so many people just roll over and give up and pay. Is that their actual tactic? Is it actually possible they could be this bad without it being deliberate?

I rest my hopes now with CISAS and adjudication and I will be back to post the outcome.

Anyone else having the same drama to what should have been a simple disconnection and closed account?

3 REPLIES 3

Vikki_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @MissyMe10

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community.

I have taken a look at things from our side and it appears that most recent letter was sent in error.

I am sorry for any confusion or upset this caused. 

I will send you a private message so I can confirm the resolution offered including your concerns around your credit score and you can decide how you wish to proceed if that's okay?

Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of the page and pop me a reply when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

TAJones
Joining in

I am having exactly the same issue!! contract and all services ended on 20th May yet have been charged till the 28th, yesterday I received a letter from debt collection agency for over £200! over a disputed £19.65 -  Will be contact CISAS myself next VM complaints dept a complete joke I'm absolutely disgusted with them 

Hi @TAJones

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community.

I am sorry to hear about whats happened. 

I will send you a private message so I can get some further details securely.

Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of the page and pop me a reply when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide