cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTP Installation

Leotrixx
Joining in

I've noticed a couple of people who live in my area are apparently getting FTTP now, yet my street isn't showing as being able to order a FTTP package. After checking with OpenReach, they state the cabinets have not been upgraded and (as I suspected) my street doesn't have the correct cabling laid yet.

That being said, I want to know if anyone has any suggestions for how we could push for FTTP to be activated/installed in our street? Especially with a lot of my area working from home, and being stuck home, the bandwidth in our area seems to be shocking at the moment.

Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated!

6 REPLIES 6

Christy_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there

I can take a look into this for you

I have sent you a private message to take some details from you so I can check

Thanks

Christy

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

HowardML
Superuser Emeritus
Superuser Emeritus

Would it be unreasonable of me to point out that the fact that Openreach (OR) have not yet installed FTTP equipment in their local cabinets has absolutely nothing to do with VM's cable broadband service? VM do not use the OR network and do not provide residential services through it anywhere in the UK.  Complaining here that Openreach haven't installed is the height of futility.

Now it may be that the area in question is served by VM's separate cable infrastructure (worth checking) but would people please remember that with normal VM installations on their HFC network the last leg of the connection from the local street cabinet to the home is via a coaxial connection. The fibre connection stops in the cabinet. In newer areas VM are using RFoG installations where the fibre does run to the house but that connection is terminated outside the house. It continues in the house via a coaxial connection to VM's consumer equipment. In effect each house acts as its own local cabinet. 

If the area concerned is is not serviced by VM then there is nothing to be done. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hello can you email me as well plz

Hello can you email me as well about this plz

Hello can you email me about FTTP as well plz

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Delboy007.

We do not send PM's upon request. Please create a thread regarding your issue and our team and community will assist as best they can.

Zoie