cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extra billing for moving home

Smedzter
Tuning in

Hi all, sorry if this is in the wrong thread.

I split up from my ex girlfriend at the beginning of august and moved in to my dads and decided to bring Virgin with me. He was on sky and paying almost the same price as me but not getting much from it. 
At my old place I was paying £99 a month (18 month promotion from November 2020-April 2022). 
I went and clicked on that I was moving and seen it was a £20 charging fee to move address for the engineer to set everything back up.

I thought great.. that will be £119 for my bill in September. I’ve just got my bill statement and these are the chargers:

EEAEF8B3-BB3D-428E-B2C7-24F4636303A9.png

I don’t understand where this owed from last bill and package changes have come in? The other chargers and credits is the moving fee. I rang Virgin and they said it’s because it’s a new account now so everything has to be set up like that. If that’s the case, can my 18 month promotion start again? 
I just feel let down by them and regret telling my dad to leave sky. When he rang sky they was giving him offers to match what I was paying but I said I will have to pay a big cancellation fee where as he didn’t. 
I don’t understand why I have to pay for a package twice in one month when I did everything correct by paying the £20 moving fee. The £13 from the last bill is confusing too, I payed the £99 from last month and paying £99 again this month (including the other chargers) so where does this £13 fit in? 

if anyone can give me a little more intel that would be great. There investigating it now and said the £214 will still come out but if that’s the case and something wasn’t right, then they’ve taken money out my account that they shouldn’t of?

3 REPLIES 3

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Smedzter,

A member of the Forum team should pick this up in a day or two and probably chat via PM to explain the bill.

Normally when you move house and don't make any changes the contract remains the same so the end date for your discounts should still be April 2022.

There is always a £20 moving house fee applied

This Help page details billing when moving house  https://www.virginmedia.com/care/bill-explainer/current-bill-explainer 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi, thanks for your reply.

I understand the £99 bill I was paying as part of my package, then I paid the £20 for the moving part which I get too. 

I was also charged £13 for last month and £82 for a package that I was already paying £99 for. I understand if the bill would of come to £119, but £214 is leaving question marks around my head, don’t know where the extra £95 is from.

cheers

Hi there @Smedzter

Thank you so much for your post and I am so sorry to see that this has happened with your bill! 

I'd be more than happy to take a look into this for you but I will need to do this via a PM as @newapollo has mentioned.

I will send you a PM now, please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner alerting you to a new message. 

Thank you.