cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External junction box cover needs replacing

Ambo5
Joining in

I called Virgin on 2 separate occasions to ask them if the brown external junction box cover could be replaced as it had disappeared and both times I was told an engineer would be round to replace it within 48 hours. I'm still waiting and fed up with being lied to so after learning that issues can be resolved by posting them here I'm asking again...….can someone please just replace the cover? I have had to cut a section from a bin liner then tape it over the junction box to protect the wiring from the elements after failing to find a replacement cover online myself so would really appreciate some help.

27 REPLIES 27

David_Pn
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi NBUX

Thank you for visiting our community forum pages.

We are sorry to hear about the missing cover and we'd like to see what we can do to help.

We'll need a few more details from you so we'll send you a private message in a moment. This ensures that information is communicated securely.

Keep an eye out for the private message by the envelope at the top of the screen.

Many thanks. 

David_Pn
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

Dear John_GS - I actually have the same problem, My white Virgin Media Exterior Junction Box has been vandalised and I need to replace it.

Any idea how I can do this?

Thanks
CA

Hi  - We are in the same boat  - junction box cover totally missing and wires exposed, next door have same issue where theirs is cracked and broken. How do we sounrce new covers? Happy to fit ourselves if that speeds things up

Good Afternoon jennymc99,

Thanks for your post and I'm sorry to see you're having this issue

I'll drop you a PM so I can take your full address and contact details

I'll also need a picture of the box that needs repairing also, check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner of the screen for my message

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Hello,

I have the same issue: external box is cracked and broken, it's holding together only thanks to a ziptie that I wrapped around it - I think it's simply too old and weathered, not vandalized, but all it takes is a gust of wind to expose the cable junction inside.

It needs a replacement before it falls apart completely.

Hello LoZeno

Sorry you have had to join this thread to get this resolved 

So we can get this sorted 

I will need to send you a private message to pass security 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 
Regards     
Gareth_L

Annoyed-
Joining in

OK 47 minutes in on 3rd call to support to get a replacement cover, which was ripped off in the storm last. Please can someone help 

Hi Annoyed-,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about your cover. 

Just to confirm are you referring to Omnibox on the outside of your property?

^Martin

sn1
Tuning in

I've also got an issue with my external junction box.

When we moved in it was distorted by having cables jammed in poorly for years.  Even though the cabling inside it is now sorted, the back and front parts are permanently distorted in several directions leaving a gap for rain to go in (there is also a crack on the back part). On previous visits for faults engineers wouldn't replace the box but I am happy to change it myself given I sorted the poor cabling inside it (which again engineers would not sort out).

All I need is a new box of the same design - can someone from VM help?

Combined.jpg

Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @sn1.

Thanks for your post 🙂 

I'm very sorry to see this, I appreciate this is frustrating and we apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

I've managed to locate your account from the details provided in your profile and I've now escalated this to the Area Field Manager. 

Hopefully we'll be able to get someone out ASAP to secure the box for you. 

I'll be sure to keep you updated once the AFM gets back to me. 

Thanks, 

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide