cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External junction box cover needs replacing

Ambo5
Joining in

I called Virgin on 2 separate occasions to ask them if the brown external junction box cover could be replaced as it had disappeared and both times I was told an engineer would be round to replace it within 48 hours. I'm still waiting and fed up with being lied to so after learning that issues can be resolved by posting them here I'm asking again...….can someone please just replace the cover? I have had to cut a section from a bin liner then tape it over the junction box to protect the wiring from the elements after failing to find a replacement cover online myself so would really appreciate some help.

27 REPLIES 27

Thanks for the prompt reply, however I DO NOT want an engineer turning up at some random time to do this!  

If I cannot have a box supplied for me to fit then I would rather leave it as and cover the gap with clear waterproof tape if necessary.

This is because of my experiences to date and especially the last visit for a fault in 2020 during the peak of Covid. The engineer said one of the cables inside the home was troublesome but he couldn't replace it due to covid restrictions and the time to fix this issue and also an incorrect 2 way splitter then another 2 way splitter arrangement a previous VM engineer had installed for an extra TIVO.  He left me (poor grade steel shielded) cable to fix it myself. 

As both myself and my wife had to WFH I replaced and rerouted all the internal cables with my own better quality cable (WF100), made them all terminate in the brown external box and also bought a 3 way splitter of the same make VM used for the two 2 way ones.  

So its now a perfect install with less signal loss and the last thing I want is an engineer turning up and trimming / modifying any of my cable I spent days installing neatly out of sight (under floorboards etc) all as continuous cables per device. 

@Sofia_B 

To add to my post above, please just cancel your request for an engineer if I cannot have a new box for me to fit. 

I've got to go into hospital soon for a while and I don't need the stress of VM trashing my new cables or leaving my wife without a working connection and based on pervious visits that's a significant risk. 

Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for letting me know @sn1

I've followed up with the AFM to advise of this and responded to your PM with further information. 

As soon as I have an update on this I'll pop another post on this thread. 

Thanks, 

Sofia 

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi, I have the same problem - can I have a replacement cover for my brown box please? Thanks. 

Hi SQhDaofbJFhHrkm, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you're needing a replacement cover for your external junction box. We're not able to send replacements out but we can arrange for an engineer to come out to sort things out for you. 

I just need to confirm the address to ensure we are booking the visit on the correct account. I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi SQhDaifbJFhHrKm,

Thanks for coming back to via private message to confirm your information. 

I have booked you in for the next available appointment. To view this please sign in to My Virgin Media here: My VM. Once logged in, scroll down to Orders & appointments then click on View your orders. You can also view this in the My VM app. If you have any issues with accessing your account or unable to see your visit, please do let us know and we’ll pop you another message to pass data protection and then confirm the appointment details.

Please ensure that someone over the age of 18 is at the property for the time the engineer is there. If the appointment is unsuitable or if anyone living at your property has tested positive for Coronavirus, has been asked to self-isolate or has flu-like symptoms then please reschedule the appointment on the same link. If you do miss the appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment so it is important to reschedule if needed. 

Lets us know how the appointment goes. 

Take care.

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Jls999
Joining in

Can someone tell me I get a new brown box cover. Can't find anything online. Mine blew off somewhere when storm Eunice hit. Thanks

Hi Jls999,

Welcome to the Community Forums! Thank you for your post.

I'm sorry to hear that you lost your omni box cover during the storm. I'll pop you over a PM now so I can arrange for a new one to be fitted.

Please look out for my message over at the purple envelope.

Thanks

Beth