cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External junction box cover needs replacing

Ambo5
Joining in

I called Virgin on 2 separate occasions to ask them if the brown external junction box cover could be replaced as it had disappeared and both times I was told an engineer would be round to replace it within 48 hours. I'm still waiting and fed up with being lied to so after learning that issues can be resolved by posting them here I'm asking again...….can someone please just replace the cover? I have had to cut a section from a bin liner then tape it over the junction box to protect the wiring from the elements after failing to find a replacement cover online myself so would really appreciate some help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ty_S
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Ambo5

No problem. I've sent you a PM (purple envelope, top right corner)  so that I can get this sorted for you.

Kind regards,

Ty

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

27 REPLIES 27

Ty_S
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Ambo5

No problem. I've sent you a PM (purple envelope, top right corner)  so that I can get this sorted for you.

Kind regards,

Ty

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Hi there,

I have the same issue. The heavy winds that we have had in the last few days seems to have removed my virgin junction box and it is now fully exposed.

Please can you help to arrange for this to be replaced/fixed?

Thanks

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Ambo5 and Omoni,

Thanks for posting and apologies for the box issues.

I'll be more than happy to raise this with our team so we can get someone out to fix.

Please may I take the nearest house addresses, and postcodes where the boxes are?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

deantiller
Tuning in

Hello

I have the same issue with the brown junction box cover being ripped off after high winds. 

How do I get an engineer to replace? 

Thanks 

Hello deantiller

Sorry to hear of the cover issues but thank you for raising this via the forums and welcome to the community.

Can you confirm this is the box located on the property and not a cabinet located nearby? If so, let us know and we'll be able to arrange for technician to come out and repair this for you.

Rob

Hi

yes this is the brown box located at our property. 

Thanks

Katie_WT
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Cheers for confirming that deantiller 🙂 

We can book a technician to come and replace this for you no issues - I have not been able to locate your account using your forum information so I'll need to pop you a Private Message to take some details and pass security with you. 

Look out for the purple envelope and pop us a reply when you can. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

Hi I have same issue the box is hanging off the wall. I am happy to replace myself if you could just send a replacement box.  

I have this exact problem. I am not a Virgin customer at present but want to replace the missing cover as all the cables are exposed and it looks unsightly. Where/how can I get a new cover please?