Menu
Superuser
Superuser
Message 11 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Expensive Virgin Media Service

@sc489 wrote:

The £19 includes the phone also. It's only worth paying the premium price for a 350Mbps service if you really need that speed which most people won't need for routine use.

Such an underrated comment right here. Majority of customers the speed is no where near utilised (think the 10% tops mark for bandwidth usage). The package is sold as a way to wag your digital phallus in a size competition where the only prize for ‘winning’ is you spend more money for the same service.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

0 Kudos
sc489
On our wavelength
Message 12 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I'm going to move to an Openreach supplier and truncate my digital phallus to save at least £20 per month! Once on Openreach, it's far easier to shop around and choose a cheaper supplier.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 13 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi sc489,

Thanks for your post.

I'm sorry to hear you are unhappy with your package and price.

I would recommend giving the team a call on 150 / 0345 454 1111 option 1, option 4 then option 5, they will be more than happy to look into all available packages and prices for you. 

Regards

Lindsey_C

0 Kudos
sc489
On our wavelength
Message 14 of 14
Flag for a moderator

The best VM can offer me is £47 per month for a 50Mbs service with Anytime calls on a 12 month contract. The VM representative had no knowledge of price increases after 12 months. This is an exceedingly poor best offer considering competition in the broadband market.

I'm now proceeding to get an Openreach 35Mbps fibre installation & Anytime calls initially at c £25 per month on contract and £35 off contract. The VM charges have become very expensive and there is more supplier competition once you are on an Openreach connection.

0 Kudos