Menu
sc489
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Expensive Virgin Media Service

I have Virgin's 70Mbps fibre broadband and phone (including Anytime calls) service which is good but far too expensive at c.£53 per month compared to  the many other suppliers on the Openreach fibre network.

I could live with a 35Mbps service and make significant savings of at least £20 per month.

Has anyone negotiated a more reasonable competitive deal from Virgin in the region of £30-£40 per month including Anytime calls? 

It's a no brainer to jump ship unless Virgin offer a more competitive price.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Expensive Virgin Media Service

Being on 70Mbs shows you have no rang up and renegotiated for a LONG time. You are on a legacy package.

You need to ring up, go to option 1 4 5 (thinking of leaving us for technical reasons: to get to the UK teams), explain your situation (and package) to them and see what you can negiotiate.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

0 Kudos
sc489
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

My last Virgin contract only expired 3 months ago. I'm looking for a no contract fibre broadband & phone package c. £30-£40 since I may move soon. I'm asking what better no contract deals are possible with Virgin since such prices are readily available elsewhere.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Simply put - you won’t get a no contract service at that price with Virgin Media for what you want.

Even if you committed to a new 12 month minimum term contract, you wouldn’t get what you want.

Look elsewhere.

0 Kudos
richie69uk
Joining in
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I’m paying £51 a month for broadband only it’s extortionate! Smiley MadSmiley Mad

0 Kudos
Highlighted
sc489
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Wow - that is a rip off.

By contrast my father has Post Office Phone & Broadband (only ADSL at 15Mbps) for £19 per month. It's quite fast enough for general use including streaming via iPlayer.

DreamOfCheese
Rising star
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Considering the £50 broadband only package is 350mbps it makes the 15mbps for £19 seem extortionate in comparison.

Also a lot of xDSL providers are currently pricing ADSL above their lowest VDSL package to discourage people from taking it up. So having an ADSL package at all is currently a rip off.
0 Kudos
sc489
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

The £19 includes the phone also. It's only worth paying the premium price for a 350Mbps service if you really need that speed which most people won't need for routine use.

DreamOfCheese
Rising star
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Whilst my £50 doesn't include the phone, I transferred my number to sipgate when I moved to Virgin and now pay nothing for having the service and number active and only pay as I go for outgoing calls, which are at a minuscule rate.
0 Kudos
sc489
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the sipgate tip - will follow up.

0 Kudos