cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Existing customers valuable too

Rolandt
Tuning in

I understand that Virgin Media expect us to pay more if we are out of contract.

But it's pretty dumb that they chase away loyal customers.

I'm with Virgin Media for 6 years. I went through this "leaving game" and signed new contract before because I didn't want the trouble that comes with switching provider.

But not this time.

I pay £53 for a 200mb broadband. (By the way this broadband is not better than a 60mb one!)

New customers get the same package for £28.

The best price that the retention team could offer me was £43 with an 18 month contract.

So they want me to take the same obligations like a new customer for 18 months and pay £15 extra per month.

Just because I was loyal to them.

No, thank you.

I'm going to give my money to Three. They provide 1.6Gbps broadband for £24 per month.

That's less than half what I pay now and it's lot faster as well.

Virgin Media should reconsider their prices and policies.

An existing customer with a new contract should be equal to a new customer.

19 REPLIES 19

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I'd recommend posting in https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Speed/bd-p/Speed 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi Rolandt,

All images need to be reviewed before they can become visible on a post. Images will be blocked if they contain any personal details or inappropriate content ect.

I am sorry to hear you're not receiving your expected speeds. I have been able to find your account and can't see any problems with your hub specs and no reported outages in your area. Have you tried running a speed test from another wired device to see what results you get?

Kind regards,

Beth

Beth

@Beth_G wrote:

Hi Rolandt,

All images need to be reviewed before they can become visible on a post. Images will be blocked if they contain any personal details or inappropriate content ect.

I am sorry to hear you're not receiving your expected speeds. I have been able to find your account and can't see any problems with your hub specs and no reported outages in your area. Have you tried running a speed test from another wired device to see what results you get?

Kind regards,

Beth

Hi Beth,

There were no personal information or inappropriate content in the screenshot.

I ran another speed test on another device with cable and it's even worse. Only 44.84Mbps.

speed.PNG

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If it was a speedtest website, did it include your IP address?.....

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi Rolandt

Thanks for coming back to us. The hub has been up for 30 days. Could you please reboot it for me and then do another speedtest via laptop/computer via Ethernet with only that device connected, at speedtest.net

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Rolandt wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

that deal clearly says New Customer only 🙂

Obviously, that's what we were talking about.

It seems my screenshot of the speed of M200 is not going through. I wonder why...

Anyway the speed of M200 is 60.54 Mbps with cable and it's 16.49 Mbps with WiFi.

did the image contain your IP address. Under GDPR rules this is classed as personal info and will get the image rejected

@japitts wrote:

If it was a speedtest website, did it include your IP address?.....

Yes, it did.

Screenshot_2021-04-18 22h25m Speedtest by Ookla - The Global Broadband Speed Test(1).pngScreenshot_2021-04-18 22h25m Speedtest by Ookla - The Global Broadband Speed Test.pngScreenshot_2021-04-28 Speedtest by Ookla - The Global Broadband Speed Test.pngspeed.PNG

@John_GS wrote:

Hi Rolandt

Thanks for coming back to us. The hub has been up for 30 days. Could you please reboot it for me and then do another speedtest via laptop/computer via Ethernet with only that device connected, at speedtest.net

Kind regards,

Thanks but I don't really want to mess with it. At least it works now.

Before, the connection was just randomly disappearing for minutes.

I'm leaving in few weeks anyway.

This topic was all about the pricing of your broadband.

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Okay, we would recommend rebooting your Hub as this can sometimes clear up speed issues, but if you do not wish to do this that's fine.

I am sorry that you feel new customers are prioritised when it comes to our pricing, and that your loyalty as a customer has not been rewarded. I understand how frustrating it must be to see different prices offered to new customers.

If you wish to make a complaint about our prices for existing customers, please visit our complaints page.

Thanks,

Serena

bloosn
On our wavelength

Indeed.
Virgin is the only ISP that restricts these deals to new customers.
All other ISPs have changed and offer the deals to renewing customers too.