Menu
michuk
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Existing customer in a rolling contract wanting to change to fixed length contract

I have been a VM customer for almost 3 years now. My loyalty discount has ran out and my bill for VIVID 100 is £45/month. On top of that there's there £3 increase from the 1st of October, that's now going to be ~£48/month for just broadband... That is expensive! Just got off the phone with VM and sadly there is no better/cheaper package available to me.

So as an existing customer on a rolling contract (30 days I guess, monthly dd) can I sign a new fixed-length contract (let's say 18months) and get some of the benefits new customers get? 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Existing customer in a rolling contract wanting to change to fixed length contract

who have you been talking to - UK retentions is the only place to go

dial 150 or 0345 454 1111 and follow the prompts to - 'thinking of leaving us' - then "technical issues" - dont worry about that they do much more - open 8am -10pm 7 days a week - should take you to a UK call centre

Tony
0 Kudos
michuk
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Existing customer in a rolling contract wanting to change to fixed length contract

Just got off the phone with VM and sadly there is no better/cheaper package available to me.

I phoned via the 'thinking of leaving us' option although I was told my current plan is the best they can do.

0 Kudos
josephmcginley
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@-tony- wrote:

who have you been talking to - UK retentions is the only place to go

My work place Asda, offers its employees discounts on packages, where you can save £10-£20 per month, so you might find other work places do the same, so check with family members and see if they have anything like this

Most discounts come with a 18 month contract

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@michuk wrote:
Just got off the phone with VM and sadly there is no better/cheaper package available to me.

I phoned via the 'thinking of leaving us' option although I was told my current plan is the best they can do.

then ring back - make sure you are talking to someone in the UK - deals change often - different agents can look at things differently

if the answer is still no give 30 days notice - that usually prompts a call back with a better offer from outbound retentions - if they ring you have to accept or reject the offer then and there - they will not ring again and its a one time offer that only they can make - if the call does not come you have 2 choices - ring them to continue or find a better deal with someone else

be sure to follow the prompts as i give them

dial 150 or 0345 454 1111 and follow the prompts to - 'thinking of leaving us' - then "technical issues" - dont worry about that they do much more - open 8am -10pm 7 days a week - should take you to a UK call centre

Tony
0 Kudos