cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Existing Customer, Upgraded TV Package

Daveftm86
Joining in

Hi All,

I have upgraded my TV deal with Virgin this morning to include the Entertainment and Documentaries channels. I have had email confirmation and in the email it states that the activation date would be a week today the 11/06.

Would the above be correct it takes a week to add TV channels? I know with other TV providers that it is instant.

Many Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Daveftm86 

Package changes/regrades made over the phone are usually actioned immediately, unless you are also receiving new equipment, in which case the regrade doesn't take place until the new equipment has been installed and activated.

Package changes/regrades made using any other method normally take 2 to 3 working days, except in cases where VM are overstretched workwise and can then take up to seven days as the changes need to be made manually.

You could try rebooting your set top box to see if that updates your channels, however since the email states the 11th then I wouldn't expect it to work yet.

If you have a V6 box, then although I wouldn't expect it to work until the 11th you could also try to update your channels by using your remote and clicking on

Home > Help & Settings > Help > TV Care > I'm missing some channels and allowing around 10 minutes or so to update.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thank you very much for your reply Newapollo, I will try the above 

Thanks again 

Hi Daveftm86,

Thanks for posting about this on our Community Forums and thank you @newapollo for replying with that correct information 😁 

If you do have any further questions about this, or you're a little worried because your upgrade has still not kicked in over the course of the next few days, please get back to us and we will be happy to help further 🤗

Thanks,

Megan_L