cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Evicted from current address and moving to a new property

Jpaul25
Tuning in

Hi everyone.

Our private landlord has gotten into financial difficulty and has had to serve us notice on our property.

We are therefore having to find a new home and have resorted to buying in a new build development.

As I understand it from the postcode checker, virgin is not in the new area which will mean I cant move the Virgin account to the new address.

I need to understand what will happen in this instance and will I have to pay a termination fee due to circumstances outside of my control.

Can someone please clarify what would happen in this instance as we obviously don't want to have to cancel the virgin contract, or even have to move house, but we are being forced to due to an eviction notice.

Could someone clarify for me.

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Outside contract no fees.  Inside contract £240 or your monthly bill, which ever is less.

VM are pretty ruthless at enforcing the EDF (early disconnection fees) this past while along

with recontracting customers for 18 months if you so much as speak to them about your package, downgrade or upgrade, on the phone.

Short answer many years of being a customer won't matter if you are in contract.  You can find details in "myvirginmedia"......

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Unfortunately, in the eyes of VM you are breaking a contract at your current address and - if you're unable to take services with you for whatever reason - you are liable for EDF here.

The amount & calculations for EDF are shown at....

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services/early... 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Jpaul25,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, we are sorry to hear you have been forced to move due to circumstances out of your control and that the place you are moving to does not have our services.

I have been able to locate your account and it looks like you haven't spoken to us yet, so I can help further I will send you an invite into a private chat once received please click on the purple envelope to accept?

Regards

Paul.

Hi Paul.

I haven't seen this invite, where will I see it?

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Jpaul25

It will be a private message that will appear as a purple envelope in the top right corner of the screen on the Forums, can you find it?

No worries if not, just let me know on here and I will pick this up and send you a private message if you can't find it.

Kind regards,

Serena

No private message has been recieved.

Thanks