cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error messages bad request

Niknaks
Just joined

Bad Request

Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.
Size of a request header field exceeds server limit.

Is anyone else getting the same messages?

Can't do anything on the website all I get is the above error messgaes!

Trying to sign my parents up to VM, been 2 weeks, and still bad request messages on pretty much every VM page I visit.

Online chat were useless.

Time to go elsewhere I think.

34 REPLIES 34

Seriously???  Just implement the advice that the other poster has suggested.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @ggalstaun,

Thank you for coming back to us. Sorry to hear that you feel this way. We have passed the information onto the dedicated teams.

We're always working hard to have our services working well for our customers and are happy to investigate any issues. 

If you're having similar problems, please let us know a little more details so we can look into this further.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

This is an issue for me also.  I am also of a technical background. These questions are prolonging the pain and frustrations of your customers here. Asking if it's the same in a different browser and asking if we can provide you with a link just shows a continued misunderstanding of the issue despite one customer already explaining the problem in sufficient enough detail for you to escalate it.

Yes its the same in different browsers if you browse the site enough. Yes it clears if you clear the cookies. But most importantly YES ITS AN ISSUE WITH YOUR WEBSITE - changing browser, going incognito or deleting cookies is not an acceptable solution. It's so amateur.  So frustrating as i'm trying to view my account to begin contract renewal negotiations.

Why has this not been escalated?

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi J4M355, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forums.

I am sorry and I know this is frustrating as advised it has been sent over to the relevant team to resolve.

Zoie

Kamariah
On our wavelength

Still an issue (using various browsers including Chrome, Opera and Edge).  Really should've been sorted by now.

I get it occasionally, generally quitting and re-starting it should fix that. 

Best wishes,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Has this been sorted? I still cannot access on any browser

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey NeilPreston, thank you for posting on our help forum and this thread. 

We're sorry to see you're getting this error, have you also tried to clear your browser's cache and cookies to see if this resolves the problem? Have you contacted our team before in regard to this to report it? Lastly, can you connect to other pages without trouble?

Please, let us know and we're eager to assist.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Guess what. I am still getting it too. A work round for an end user is not what should be happening.

Hi Baldybob, thanks for the message. Welcome back to the forums. 

I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with this, can you confirm if this happens on all web sites/ browsers?

Kind regards Chris