cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error messages bad request

Niknaks
Just joined

Bad Request

Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.
Size of a request header field exceeds server limit.

Is anyone else getting the same messages?

Can't do anything on the website all I get is the above error messgaes!

Trying to sign my parents up to VM, been 2 weeks, and still bad request messages on pretty much every VM page I visit.

Online chat were useless.

Time to go elsewhere I think.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Lightning-750
Tuning in

Sorted!!!! 

What I did was to delete my browsing history.

Open Google, then click on to the 3 dots in the top righthand corner, then click on History and all I did was to delete the last seven days of browsing.

Result, got straight onto Virgin Media.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

34 REPLIES 34

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Does the issue still occur when using your browser's Incognito / Private mode? if not then clearing the browser's data cache should resolve the issue however be aware that doing so may mean:

• you have to re-sign into services that were active / in use
  • initial loading of some sites maybe noticeably longer
  • site specific customisation may need to be reapplied

Should further help be needed with clearing the data cache then post back here with detail of browser name and device it is running on.

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

Lightning-750
Tuning in

I have just had this problem, all I get is "Bad Request".

If this is connected I don't know, but I have just had a new Hub 4 installed.

The thing is that it only does it on the one computer that's next to the Hu 4 and not on my laptop.

Hi @Lightning-750,

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm so sorry to hear you're having this issue. Is this on our website? Can you try clearing your cache and cookies and seeing if that helps? Can you also confirm the browser you're using?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Lightning-750
Tuning in

Sorted!!!! 

What I did was to delete my browsing history.

Open Google, then click on to the 3 dots in the top righthand corner, then click on History and all I did was to delete the last seven days of browsing.

Result, got straight onto Virgin Media.

Hi @Lightning-750,

Thank you for the update on this. I'm glad to hear that you were able to sort this out and can now access the website.

Please do let us know if there's anything more that we can assist you with at all.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Obviously still an issue 3 months later as I'm getting the same.  Clearing cookies fixes the problem, it's a website issue that needs to be raised with the web team.

Hi @Felixkat,

Sorry you're still having this issue. 

Could you clarify what website you are trying to access?

Have you tried using an alternative browser?

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

It's the virginmedia.com website, it happened 3 times to me today.  Each time I remove my cookies specifically for virginmedia.com and it all works again.  So it's 100% a virginmedia web team issue and the error is due to the cookies being too big.

Thanks for coming back to me. Is this happening across all browsers?

Could you confirm which browser you are using so we can feed it back if required?

Cheers

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs