Menu
gadams
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Error charge on account - nobody will remove it

I got a powerline in the post in January from Virgin. I did not order it. I ordered one in November which I received and paid for, the second one was sent in error. I contacted Virgin and they said they'd send me a returns kit to return it, which is inconvenient but fine. Then I noticed they put a charge on my account for the second powerline kit. Isn't it illegal to charge for unsolicited goods?!

My returns kit never showed up. So I contacted Virgin again at the beginning of Feb to ask for another one to be sent. After 10 days this one hasn't shown up either, despite being promised in 3-5 days. Apparently another one has now been sent out to me but why aren't they turning up when the powerline managed to make it to the same address?! 

Nobody will remove the charge from my account. They say it can't be removed until the equipment is returned. How is that fair? I did not order the powerline, I should not have to pay for it whether it is returned or not. Even if the returns kit shows up this time, it will take time for me to return it and for it to be processed back at the warehouse, leaving me having to pay a charge and then be refunded, which is ridiculous. It seems like I am being inconvenienced, and made to be out of pocket, for something that is entirely Virgin's fault. I have spent a ridiculous amount of time and effort trying to contact people so I can return the powerline. And there is no way I should have been charged for it in the first place. Can someone please get in touch with me so that this can be resolved.

Does anyone know of a way to contact VM that isn't by phone or chat to the customer services, they are completely useless and just keep repeating "we cannot remove the charge until the equipment is returned". So frustrating!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Error charge on account - nobody will remove it

Hi gadams

I would like to thank you for getting in touch with us regarding the powerline adapter return.

I apologise for the situation and for the experience you have had trying to resolve this.

If this has not yet been resolved then please get back to me on the Pm I've sent to you that you can find on the top right hand side of the forums in the purple envelope,

Kind regards.

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos