cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equipment Return Nightmare

Kathdene
Joining in

So we cancelled our account after several years of overpaying and around six months of REALLY low quality broadband service.  Virgin insists on having our 5 year old hub returned and so, after sending multiple texts, emails etc… warning us that they will charge us £40 if they don’t get it back, they agree a pick up date.  We make arrangements to work from home (5m from the front door) on the appointed day, of course nobody turns up and last night they took £40 from our bank via the DD.  

Anyone else had this experience?  

3 REPLIES 3

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Kathdene, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to hear you are having some equipment problems.

Have you tried to order some packaging to get this sent back at all? 

You can do this here 

Once you do send it, please keep hold of the receipt until you get conformation from our warehouse it has been received.Thanks  

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Hi Matt,

Thanks for your reply.

Virgin sent us packaging initially but then contacted us and told us that they had a team in the area so not to use the packaging/post option.

my main issue is that Virgin did not honour the arranged date, have not picked up their equipment (which we have been storing for them) but have still debited my account as if we have not returned the equipment.

I’d like a refund, and an acknowledgement that they have some dysfunctional (and potentially sharp) practices associated with account closures.

I stayed home yesterday specifically to uphold my end of the deal.  Where were they?

👍🏼

Hi @Kathdene

I am very sorry if the team didn't attend to collect this.

If you still have the package, please use this to return the equipment to us.

Once we have received that back, any charges for the equipment would be automatically refunded. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide