cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Entertainment Pack - billing query

unisoft
Well-informed

The Sky Entertainment pack has reduced from £12 to £8 per month and not labelled as a promotion.

Does this automatically reduce my monthly cost or do you have to cancel and resubscribe to the pack?

I would expect an automatic reduction without having to do anything. It is still listed as being £12 in my Virgin media (less the usual Stream 10% discount meaning £10.80).

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

7 REPLIES 7

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi unisoft, 

Thanks for your post regarding the entertainment pack. 

If you've already signed up to the service then you'll remain on the agreed terms that you signed up with. 

If eligible for any automatic discounts then these will be automatically applied for you. 

For further information on packages and prices, please call the team on 150 / 0345 454 1111 so they can help further. 

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

@Kath_F wrote:

Hi unisoft, 

Thanks for your post regarding the entertainment pack. 

If you've already signed up to the service then you'll remain on the agreed terms that you signed up with. 

If eligible for any automatic discounts then these will be automatically applied for you. 

For further information on packages and prices, please call the team on 150 / 0345 454 1111 so they can help further. 

Many thanks, 

I don't get that. Its 30 days notice on Stream packages. Why would you make active subscribers pay £3+ more per month unless they cancel and take it out again? i.e. hassle for the customer. It doesn't look good for Virgin Media either. It's not a promotion, it's just the new price. It's not a negotiated 18 month contract price for a Tv package for example.

Hi unisoft, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one. 

We don't really deal with any package changes via the Community so as mentioned above it's best to speak to the team on 150 / 0345 454 1111 for them to check things for you. It may be that we can just amend the codes on this end to save cancelling and rejoining 😊

Keep us posted on how things go. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

@Kath_F wrote:

Hi unisoft, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one. 

We don't really deal with any package changes via the Community so as mentioned above it's best to speak to the team on 150 / 0345 454 1111 for them to check things for you. It may be that we can just amend the codes on this end to save cancelling and rejoining 😊

Keep us posted on how things go. 

Thanks, 

Hi Kath_F,

Via private messaging and passing account security is it possible to change the codes then to prevent having to go into My Virgin media - cancelling, waiting 30 days and then re-subscribe at £8?

I wasn't aware phoning CS was an option for Stream as there was an automated upgrades app and My Virgin Media and thought customers would just be directed to those unless a specific issue where automation failed?

Thanks

Thanks for coming back to us @unisoft.

We would have to advise that package changes aren't performed on the Forums and would require a call into our call centre or via your online account where appropriate.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

@David_Bn wrote:

Thanks for coming back to us @unisoft.

We would have to advise that package changes aren't performed on the Forums and would require a call into our call centre or via your online account where appropriate.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Thanks for clarifying David_Bn,

I have cancelled the rolling entertainment subscription online as not particularly enthralled at having to call some offshore call centre and loop in circles 😉

Thanks for the update @unisoft.

Do feel free to come back to us on our Community Forums, if you have any fault or billing related issues with the services.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn