Menu
jwarburton
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Ensure I am not paying for services I cant receive

Virgin Media came today and removed the Virgin Media cable to my house at the request of a neighbour due to the cable going through their land. This has left me with no Virgin Media services.  This was done without any notification to myself that I would loose services today.  Now that the neighbour has refused the access there is no way to get a new cable to my property.  I want to ensure that I am no longer paying for a service that has been disconnected at someone else's request.  I have spent the last 2 hours on the phone to Virgin Media asking to ensure that I am no longer billed for the services.  I am not prepared to give you 30 days notice as I have not requested the disconnection, you have terminated the contract with me. I am getting nowhere, just getting bounced from department to department, placed on hold and then the call just seems to drop.

0 Kudos
jwarburton
Joining in
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ensure I am not paying for services I cant receive

Absolutely disgusting customer service.  Every time I called people are reading from a script.  As I don't seem to fit into those scripts so I get told that I will be transferred to someone that can help.  Every time I have been transferred the call is dropped.  This has now happened 4 times so it seems to be standard behavior.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Well as you have no service you are entitled to £8 a day compensation, start to claim that. They'll soon sort it out and if they don't you'll make a profit 

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
jwarburton
Joining in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

hopefully that's real money and not credit

0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Superstar
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Are you saying that there is no pavement tee opposite your house from which the cable would emerge?

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
jwarburton
Joining in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I'm at the end of a shared drive.  Had Virgin Media for over 10 years but a neighbour was redoing their garden and found my cable burred in their garden.  It looks like when the cable was laid previous to me moving in there was no wayleave agreed so they requested it moved and that's what's what was done today.  There is now no route to my property that doesn't pass over shared land that at least one neighbour wont object to.  I knew it was coming at some point but I thought I would be notified when the disconnection would happen. 

The issue I have now is that someone else has requested the disconnection, virgin media have actioned it and left me without a service so I just want out of the contract.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roger_Gooner
Superstar
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

There is often so solution to having an uncooperative neighbour.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
jwarburton
Joining in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Got through to someone last night in retention who promised me that it would be processed and I would be emailed that evening.  No email today so I have chased.  There is a record on the system of my call that night but no action has yet been taken. The person I spoke to today said their manager needed to speak to the manager that "dealt" with it last night and would get back to me.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi there @jwarburton

Thanks so much for your posts - I am so sorry to hear about your issues here. 

It is a strange one as we would have had permissions and wayleave from when we initially installed the cabling all those years ago and this should still be valid now. 

I have located your account and will be happy to go into more detail with you once security has been passed. 

Please look out for a Private Message (purple envelope) and pop me a reply when you can. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
jwarburton
Joining in
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for helping me resolve this matter.

0 Kudos