cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Engineer failed to turn up

Mart471
Joining in

There was meant to be an engineer coming today to replace a lead in cable to our house. The cable was put underground a couple of weeks ago but was meant to be connected today.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Mart471,

Thanks for your PM.

Can you please confirm how you received notification that your cabling needed replacing? Everything looks OK from here and your hub specs are within all the normal parameters.

Kind regards,

Beth

Beth

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

Hi Martyn,

What I'll do is email your local Area Field Manager just so we know exactly what's going on and what work needs doing. If any cabling is damaged they should still be able to carry out the work, so I am slightly confused as to why it was cancelled.

Once I have an update for you I will let you know.

Kindest regards,

Beth

Beth

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

12 REPLIES 12

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Mart471,

Welcome to the Community Forums! It's great to have you onboard.

I'm sorry for our delayed response and to hear your engineer appointment was missed. Have you been able to get in touch with our teams since posting? If not, I've popped you over a PM asking for some more details.

Kind regards,

Beth

Beth

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Mart471,

Thanks for your PM.

Can you please confirm how you received notification that your cabling needed replacing? Everything looks OK from here and your hub specs are within all the normal parameters.

Kind regards,

Beth

Beth

Hi Beth. I think it was by email, but I can check when I get home. 

No problem Mart471, if you could that would be great 🙂

Thanks,

Beth

Beth

Hi Beth, it was a text, but I must have deleted it because I can’t find it.I’m not going mad though because as I said, contractors have installed a new cable ready for the Virgin engineer to connect. 
Thanks. 

Hi Mart471,

No problem, thanks for checking for me anyway 🙂

I'm only able to see notes of the appointment being cancelled which is strange, however I'd advise that if you aren't having problems with your connection then we wouldn't need to arrange another appointment at the moment.

However I appreciate you mentioned you haven't been receiving your expected speeds - what sort of speeds have you been getting over a wired connection?

Thanks,

Beth

Beth

I’ll get the kids to check tonight. What about the coil of cable that’s now left up against my house? 
Thanks

Martyn

Hi Martyn,

What I'll do is email your local Area Field Manager just so we know exactly what's going on and what work needs doing. If any cabling is damaged they should still be able to carry out the work, so I am slightly confused as to why it was cancelled.

Once I have an update for you I will let you know.

Kindest regards,

Beth

Beth

Thanks Beth. You’re a star. 
Martyn