cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

End of my contract soon

BorderA
On our wavelength

Good afternoon 

My 18 month contract ends in about 7 weeks. Can you advise please if Virgin send me an email setting out my options regarding a contract renewal deal? I appreciate that Virgin requires a month notice of termination so guessing an email would be about a month before contract ends.

Thank you 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

Rules are that a notification will be sent between 10-40 days from the end of contract, by the method of choice of the provider (text, email, letter, and presumably telepathy), and it'll tell you what new customers pay (that VM won't be offering you), and what your payments will go up to if you do nothing (£££).  If you want a reasonable offer you need to phone up and negotiate skilfully with the retentions staff, and before you make that call make sure you know what you'd be paying if you took your business to another company.  Concepts like loyalty and fairness won't help in these discussions, only the possibility that you are willing to go elsewhere if VM won't offer you an acceptable deal.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

Rules are that a notification will be sent between 10-40 days from the end of contract, by the method of choice of the provider (text, email, letter, and presumably telepathy), and it'll tell you what new customers pay (that VM won't be offering you), and what your payments will go up to if you do nothing (£££).  If you want a reasonable offer you need to phone up and negotiate skilfully with the retentions staff, and before you make that call make sure you know what you'd be paying if you took your business to another company.  Concepts like loyalty and fairness won't help in these discussions, only the possibility that you are willing to go elsewhere if VM won't offer you an acceptable deal.

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @BorderA

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

As advised above by Andrew-G you would be notified between 10-4 days before the end, I'd suggest contacting our team on 150 or 0345 454 1111 and they will look at renegotiating this with you.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

BorderA
On our wavelength

Hi Travis_M

i hope you mean 10-40 days as in the unlucky event a deal can not be reached I understand that you require 30 days notice of termination 

cheers 🤞

Hi BorderA,

Please let us know how you get on when you speak to the team.

Regards

Paul.

BorderA
On our wavelength
Hi Paul i did get sorted 👍

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for letting us know BorderA.

Please get in touch if we can assist in the future. 

Nat