cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

End Contract but Keep Services

Swinder
Up to speed

I have received the price increase letter so I can currently get out of contract if I wish to, however I was wondering if anyone has had any success in just cancelling the contract but keeping the services if only temporarily?

Reason being is that Cityfibre will be rolling out in my area and I am looking to take up that service once it is available. Also, we don't use the included landline or the TV options included in my current VM bundle.

2 REPLIES 2

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

I can't see anyway you could do what you'd like, which would be to use the price increase to drop to a standard price 30-day rolling contract, as if the fixed term had expired.  You can try phoning to cancel, and see if the retentions people would do that, it's probably within their powers, but I can't see why they or VM would agree to that.

You might want to consider either a 4G data only PAYG SIM and a mobile router as a stop gap (if signal permits), or investigate Now's 30 day rolling contracts over Openreach - check the charges you'd pay carefully in both cases.

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @Swinder,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on our forums.

If you cancel your services with us, you would need to give 30 days notice. If you wish to continue using our services but not pay an early disconnection fees, you would need to raise your disconnection before the date on your notification letter/email to do this. 

Regards,

Steven_L