Menu
Axhailst1
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Emails after Changing Account

I just the changed account holder from my wife Mrs Angela Hailstone (old A/C [REMOVED] )to Mr Adrian John Hailstone (New A/C No [REMOVED] ) - starting about 3-4 months ago we have had problems sending emails using Firefox Thunderbird. We are still able to receive emails although we have to input our pasword each time to receive them.  

Because of the problems with Thunderbird we have to send emails by logging onto our Virgin Media aaounts using our old passwords. However I have just noticed a warning that the account ([REMOVED] ) will be closed in 90 days. 

Our first question is will our emails including those stored in folders be transferred to the new account ([REMOVED] and will the old passwords still work.

The second question is about Child Safe which I wish to turn off - at present when I go to the Websafe App it does not allow me to change this myself in parental controls.

I would appreciate you assistance in these matters.

Regards

Adrian Hailstone

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Emails after Changing Account

Hi,Thanks for your post on our Community Forums!

Sorry to read that you've been having issues with your E-Mail service. The E-Mail account will be closed within 90 days, however we can perform a transfer over to the new account is required. In regards to password the older passwords would be still able to use as far as I'm aware.

When turning off the Child Safe, have you been able to successfully log into the hub? If you look on the underside of the hub you will be able to obtain the log int details for the hub - go to http://192.168.0.1 and enter the 8 digit code itemised on the bottom of the hub.  

Have you managed to get this resolved with our team or is it still on going?

Drop us a response and either I, or one of my colleagues will be happy to pick it up for you

Kindest regards, David_Bn

0 Kudos
Axhailst1
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Logged in to my virgin media this morning still getting the message that I am no longer a member of virgin media - spoke to Paul last Friday in Technical Services group who indicated the transfer of our account/emails to the new ccount number would take 3 to 5 days so I will wait and see if it is sorted out by then - he did trun off ChildSafe for me.

Regards

Adrian Hailstone

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Adrian, did he give you an IT ticket reference number? This starts P00 

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Axhailst1
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi

He did not give an IT reference number.

Regards

Adrian Hailstone

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply Axhailst1,

Fingers crossed this is all resolved by our technical support team by Monday 28th October. 

If it isn't then please reply to this thread so we can escalate the matter further. 

Regards,

Dean C

0 Kudos