cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email subject - Thanks for making those changes!

Ian_D_24
Joining in

Hi, Just recieved an email with the above subject.....

I didn't make any changes so can't understand why this email was sent?

Do I assume that this is to do with the price rise ?

Also I cannot access my online account which has never been a problem before, any help would be appreciated

This was the main part of the email,

Your new package now includes:
TV: Maxit TV - Kids Pick - Sky Sports Collection
Phone: Talk More Anytime
We've removed:

TV: Full House TV (XL)
Phone: Talk Mobile - Talk Unlimited

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Ian_D_24 

Over the past few days there have been a number of forum posts from customers receiving emails referencing, "Thanks for making those changes to your Virgin Media package"

VM are doing some tidying up of their systems and automatically moving customers from some of the older obsolete packages to the equivalent Mixit or Maxit TV packages.

These changes could have been communicated in a better manner by explaining it was VM themslves that made the change.

Your package name should have changed on your bill, however the price and contract length should remain the same. 

The main difference are some customers on the older obsolete packages would have had free access to some extra kids channels which are chargeable on the Mixit or Maxit packages (unless these two packages are part of either the Ultimate Oomph or Ultimate Volt bundles) If this is the case then VM should have added the Kids Personal Pick to your new package for free, and this should be shown on your new contract..

Comparison of VM TV bundles 

The only current packages now are shown in columns 5 and 6 - the first 4 columns are the obsolete packages.

@Ian_D_24  @Phil-M1  @Adie_Mate 

It looks like there are a few issues at present accessing My Virgin Media via a browser, however the app should be working. I generally find that when there are browser issues (usually Chrome) that if I try an incognito window or different browser it usually works.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

Adie_Mate
Joining in

I have got exactly the same query and problem. I received the same email and also tried to login to my account but cannot. It comes back with the error message 'Oops, looks like something's gone wrong on our side...please try again'. I can get into 'my account' using the app on my phone - it's just trying to access it via my computer that's the problem. What's going on???

Same for me. Still unable to access website.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Ian_D_24 

Over the past few days there have been a number of forum posts from customers receiving emails referencing, "Thanks for making those changes to your Virgin Media package"

VM are doing some tidying up of their systems and automatically moving customers from some of the older obsolete packages to the equivalent Mixit or Maxit TV packages.

These changes could have been communicated in a better manner by explaining it was VM themslves that made the change.

Your package name should have changed on your bill, however the price and contract length should remain the same. 

The main difference are some customers on the older obsolete packages would have had free access to some extra kids channels which are chargeable on the Mixit or Maxit packages (unless these two packages are part of either the Ultimate Oomph or Ultimate Volt bundles) If this is the case then VM should have added the Kids Personal Pick to your new package for free, and this should be shown on your new contract..

Comparison of VM TV bundles 

The only current packages now are shown in columns 5 and 6 - the first 4 columns are the obsolete packages.

@Ian_D_24  @Phil-M1  @Adie_Mate 

It looks like there are a few issues at present accessing My Virgin Media via a browser, however the app should be working. I generally find that when there are browser issues (usually Chrome) that if I try an incognito window or different browser it usually works.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

donrecardo7272
Just joined

I had the same thing . it was because they no longer do my old TV package and had changed me to the Maxit package for the same price

Don

Hi all - thanks for your recent posts to us and also @newapollo for his confirmation of events.

As all people in this thread will see, it's just been a tidy-up of the packages that we currently offer that have been amended on customer accounts.

Apologies for any confusion caused here but I do hope this helps reassure you all.

Any further questions or any further help that anyone requires please do not hesitate to shout out.

Many thanks

Tom_W

I think most people understand the reason why this is happening but what I don't understand is why you arent just moving people on to a new package that would be cheaper. Instead you are upgrading or adding things people are not asking for just to keep our bills the same. Totally the wrong way round and should not be happening. If when you are moved to a new package it's cheaper and you want to upgrade then it's easy, but because you make it so stupidly hard to get rid of things or downgrade you hope most people won't bother and just keep paying the same amount