cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email received from Virgin asking to pick up kit

Hellsbells28
On our wavelength

Hi.. 

I've received an email from virgin media asking to pick up my old router that was replaced earlier this year.

It wants me to click on a link to arrange a date but I'm concerned it could be a scam as I can't verify the senders address (noreply@contactengine.com).

The email does contain parts of my name and address and the serial number of the router so it does appear genuine.

Can anyone put my mind at rest?

Many thanks

Hellsbells

11 REPLIES 11

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

VM are sending technicians to pick up equipment in some areas due to covid restrictions. It saves having to go to the local Collect Plus shop to return the equipment

It may take up to a month for VM to process the return as they are scanned into the systems in batches. So if you receive any further emails asking to return the equipment they can be ignored.

You should receive a receipt, and can ask the engineer for ID

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi Dave

Thanks for your quick response. 

I would prefer to hand my router to a VM technician as it would save me trying to find a collection point for its return. 

So are you saying the email I've received is definitely legitimate and I can click on the link to arrange a collection date?

Your advice about asking for ID and a receipt is welcome too.

Hellsbells 

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good evening @Hellsbells28 

Welcome back to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

This is a genuine email and as explained above we are getting some of our engineer to come and collect equipment from our customers. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Thanks Zac_M

Much appreciated

Hellsbells 

Hi Zac_M

Just to let you know. 

Taking your advice - I clinked on the link in the email to arrange a date and the link didn't work.

Really disappointing.

Thanks anyway

Hellsbells 

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Hellsbells28

Oh gosh, I am so sorry to hear that the link in the email did not work and that you are disappointed with us. Apologies for letting you down. If you wish to make a complaint about this please visit our Complaints Page.

For more options on returning your old router, please visit here. Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Serena

Hi Serena

I don't really want to complain just to be able to make an appointment with an engineer to pick up the equipment as promised. 

Thanks

Hellsbells 

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Hellsbells28,

I'm going to PM you now for your account info so I can arrange this appointment to get it collected for you 🙂 Please look out for the message!

Serena

Hi Serena

Email received and actioned

Thanks for your help

Hellsbells