cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email - information missing when contract moved

Gedinott
Tuning in

Why has virgin media removed all emails and encrypted data when trying to put contract in a different file 

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I had a contract that should have started back in February but it never happened.I contacted Virgin and the lady named Genevieve she told me that it hadn’t gone through but it is still on the computer she said she would contact me on the 1st of march when she would be able to put it through but she never got back to me I did explain that I have received the o2 SIM card.  since all this has happened you have taken a massive £147.50 off me when my bill should have been £70 £64 to virgin and £6 to o2. All my emails regarding the new contract have disappeared. I did screenshot the contract you emailed to me but it has been encrypted so I can’t read it. After hitting brick wall after brick wall I decided to write my problem on this forum to seek help as I was getting nowhere with Virgin Media. I’m a disabled veteran and having had two strokes I find all this too much for my brain to handle. I have no issues with Virgin except for this one problem. I hope you can help me with this as I’m at the end of my tether with it all. I don’t want to leave but will have to consider it if you can not help me. 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Gedinott,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thanks for your first post and I'm sorry to hear that you're having some issues with your contract!

Can you tell us a little more about this issue and what happened? Did you move the contract email to another location on your device and some information went missing

Let us know so that we can assist you further. 🙂

Thanks! 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I had a contract that should have started back in February but it never happened.I contacted Virgin and the lady named Genevieve she told me that it hadn’t gone through but it is still on the computer she said she would contact me on the 1st of march when she would be able to put it through but she never got back to me I did explain that I have received the o2 SIM card.  since all this has happened you have taken a massive £147.50 off me when my bill should have been £70 £64 to virgin and £6 to o2. All my emails regarding the new contract have disappeared. I did screenshot the contract you emailed to me but it has been encrypted so I can’t read it. After hitting brick wall after brick wall I decided to write my problem on this forum to seek help as I was getting nowhere with Virgin Media. I’m a disabled veteran and having had two strokes I find all this too much for my brain to handle. I have no issues with Virgin except for this one problem. I hope you can help me with this as I’m at the end of my tether with it all. I don’t want to leave but will have to consider it if you can not help me. 

Hi @Gedinott,

Thank you for expanding on this for us. Would you mind expanding on what you mean exactly when you say that the screenshot you took has been encrypted?

In regards to the disputed bill amount, have you checked the bill itself to see what the disputed charges are in relation to?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

I thought it would be a good idea to screenshot the contract I had but when I opened it in a different file it was encrypted 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Gedinott,

Thank you for coming back to us about this. I'll be more than happy to look into this further for you to see what we can do to help and correct this issue.

I'll send you a Private Message to confirm a few details. Please keep an eye out for a purple envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. I'll be in touch soon.

Thank you! 🙂

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I’m confused now as I received a email today 18/3/23 saying they have rectified the issue and it is all sorted maxit tv has been added but saying taken sky sports and cinema off? And still no guarantee of price promise. They seem to think I have agreed to this which I haven’t!