cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email Linked to Old Account - Cannot Register or Login to New Account

jwonno
Joining in

Many years ago, I had a Virgin Media package (TV, Phone & Broadband I believe) which I closed when moving to a property that didn't require it back in September 2015.

For the new package (boradband) I have ordered in the past week, I used the same email address as it is the one I have used for all official business for decades. Unfortunately it seems that this email is still linked to my old account which is closed. Whenever I try to register with the email I placed the order with I get:

"We're sorry to see you go"

"Now you’ve left us, we’ve closed your account and you can no longer register for My Virgin Media."

If I then try to login to the old account with said email address, choosing "Forgot Password asks for a username (which I have no kept record of), or "Forgot Email Address" asks for D.o.B., Account Number & Area reference (neither old nor new work).

I am stumped as to how to get in or even query the issue as the help centre on the Virgin Media site requires me to login to get to the support pages for accounts :S

33 REPLIES 33

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi jwonno, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear you're having an issue getting registered and logged in for My VM. 

When you move or take out a new contract, you get a new account so therefore My VM needs to be re-done. As the email address is already connected to your old address however, we would need to complete a move and transfer. 

To do this, I will need to clarify a few details with you. I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Same problem and just been told that it is not possible to reuse an old email address so I assume Virgin can no longer have repeat customers if they want to come back.

I'll have to cancel my package 

Hi Mwh1, 

Welcome to the community

Sorry to hear you're having issues registering for an online account. As mentioned above we can try to see if we can perform a move and transfer of the log in details from the older account to the new account. The accounts must be in the same account holder's name for us to be able to perform this, and you MUST be able to pass account security on both accounts. 

If you are able to do this, then please join me on private message so I can locate your account and pass account security. You can see your private messages at the top of the page, in the envelope icon. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Hi Mwh1

Thank you very for joining me on private message. I'm glad we have been able to resolve this for you and you've been able to register for your online account. Please let us know if you are having any further issues or have any questions at all. We'll be here to help on the community forums if needed :). 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Hello, I’ve been having this same issue for over 6weeks, been on the phone 6 times, each time I have been promised they will fix it and nothing happens. I don’t want to make a new email, I shouldn’t have too. I was promised they would sort it within 48 hours and it’s been weeks.  This is my last attempt to fix this or I’m just going to leave. I was told the IT team are the only people who could do it and it’s been flagged many time but still nothing. If there is someone here who can help me it would be great I’m so sick of the stress and being on the phone for hours. Can someone at  Virgin  please help me with this, thank you.

Carley_s did sort it for me fairly sharpish
Needed some info from old sign in you could try and contact her

Hi @Elaine4323,

Welcome back to our Community Forums and thanks for your post. 

I am so sorry to hear you're having some issues registering for MY VM on your new account and you've not had much luck getting help. I can appreciate that must be stressful and we'd hate for you to leave us. I have taken a look at our systems and can see an IT ticket has been raised but I would like to take a closer look into this for you my end so will pop you a PM. 

Please keep an eye out for the purple envelope icon in the top right hand corner of your page for my message.

Hope to hear from you soon. 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

Thanks for your time via PM @Elaine4323,

Just to update the thread, I have removed the email address from the former accounts so if you allow 24 hours, you'll be able to signup for MY VM using this under your new account details.

Let me know how it goes!

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

Hi there I’m having the same issue

Basically moved home 5 years ago and my ex partner stayed on and carried on with the same VM broadband account.

I have recently set up VM broadband in my new home (working fine) but I’m unable to sign into my account online (it takes me to the old account)

I’ve gone through all details in the old account changing them to my ex partners (email address, name, telephone number etc) and then registered my email address to my new account but still when I log in it takes me to the old one.

I’ve had several conversations on the phone and live chat but no success, help would be greatly appreciated.