cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email Black Friday deals

malbin
Dialled in

I have just received an email from virgin media giving me quite a good Black Friday Deal offer

Is the email a genuine offer, we are always hearing of  email scams being sent out.

I am thinking of going for it but I can I sure that it is genuinely from virgin media and how can I confirm it is really from virgin?

14 REPLIES 14

malbin
Dialled in

Also on the offer it mentioned the new 360 cable box, is this new box included in the offer and is it supplied for free or is the an extra cost for it?

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @malbin,

Thank you for your posts. Are you able to confirm the address the email came from and/or provide a screenshot, assuming no sensitive information is included?

If you want to discuss the offer further, I'd recommend speaking with our retentions department on 0345 454 1111 (or 150 from a Virgin Media landline). We wouldn't be able to make any package adjustments from here.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

The email cam from

email@em.virginmedia.com

And the phone number to call back on 0800 952 9886

I have just tried to link on the www page and it does appear to be a genuine virgin offer

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for coming back to us @malbin

I can confirm that that the phone number does belong to our sales team so whilst I can't at the moment verify the email address the number provided is genuine/.

Kind regards,

Zak_M

It is a scam - but only in the sense that the offers do not apply to any existing Virginmedia customers, even if you're out of contract. So the best deal I could get was £31 per month higher than the advertised Black Friday deal. I am frankly appalled. Sky is far cheaper. Shop around carefully, guys. Not impressed, Been fleeced for years. Seriously not good. 

there is no scam or 'fleecing' going on. new customers across many different companies get the best deals. that is the way business works, to groom you in. nothing wrong with it. it allows for competition in the market place. the only winners are those that continually change all their providers every year/18 months. most can't be bothered. companies know that.

if you go to sky/bt etc they will offer a good deal, but 18 months down the line you won't be getting the same deal as the new customer and will pay more. new deals are quite often run at a loss to the company concerned.

malbin
Dialled in

I decided to go with the email offer and followed the link and received an email confirmation on the 26th Nov, but since then I have heard nothing

Your Virgin Media package change (KMM62846889V19657L0KM)

Thank you for the update. 

When did you follow the link for the offer?

^Martin

26th November that would be a week ago