cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Electronic Registration of LPA

RobBurlace
Tuning in

I need to register a lasting power of attorney.
I have the Swansea mail address.  However, I am working in Spain and am not overly confident that if posted here, the documents would actually reach the destination.

I wonder if it would be possible to send the documents appropriately certified electronically (Pdf)?

This would be safer and more speedy than hard copies

If so, please supply the name and electronic address for use.
Thank you in advance

47 REPLIES 47

Please may I have this info also. I need to register an LPA too. Thanks. David

Brilliant service from Virgin Media for LPA's.

Hi @KeithR64 thanks for posting.

How can we help you?

Regards

Lee_R

This is a compliment as to how good Virgin Media have been setting up my mum's LPA

Thanks again

Keith

Sorry Keith

Glad you cannot see my beetroot face right now.  In my defence, I did have to check:-)

Glad you're happy and stay safe.

Regards

Lee

Hi could you let me know how to register POA with you please as your call centre don’t seem able to tell me! I would rather do it online Thanks 

Hi MichaelStear,

I can certainly help you register POA on an account for you. I am sorry that you had trouble getting help with this when you called our team.

I'll pop you over a PM now so I can take some details.

Thanks,

Beth

Beth

Please can you also send me details of how to register my mother's LPA, plus her account is in my late father's name and I need to transfer it to her. Thanks

Hi @Jude9  thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

I am sorry to hear of your father's passing.  I would like to help you and your mother.  I am going to send you a private message.

Regards

Lee_R

Jude9
Joining in

My stepfather passed away earlier this year and I now have power of attorney for my mum as she has lost capacity since his death. I contacted Virgin Media a few weeks ago to change the account from my stepfather's name to my mother's and also sent a copy of the lpa and his death certificate. I put my email on the forms and have had a few emails since but I do not live nearby so have not been to the house until today. Several letters have been sent to my mother about her account and a letter addressed to my dead stepfather saying that they have received the lpa and have set him up to manage the account(he was named as first attorney and it is stamped by the opg saying he can't act (as he's dead) and I am replacement attorney and can act. They have also billed my mum an extra £40 for 'changing' the plan, when the only change was to her name. Appalling especially at a time when there is so much that has to be sorted out. Virgin Media are just causing unnecessary stress and more things to deal with. Incompetent.