cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Electronic Registration of LPA

RobBurlace
Tuning in

I need to register a lasting power of attorney.
I have the Swansea mail address.  However, I am working in Spain and am not overly confident that if posted here, the documents would actually reach the destination.

I wonder if it would be possible to send the documents appropriately certified electronically (Pdf)?

This would be safer and more speedy than hard copies

If so, please supply the name and electronic address for use.
Thank you in advance

47 REPLIES 47

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi KeithR64,

A member of the Forum Team may be able to pick this up for you to action electronically, however the usual paper method is :-

If you need to tell us that you have given power of attorney to a friend or family member, or if you are the friend or family member of someone who has been given power of attorney, you can let us know by sending the confirmation or certified copy of the confirmation to us detailing the specifics of the change.

The address to write to is;

Virgin Media
Sunderland
SR43 4AA

We recommend that you send us these documents to us using a recorded delivery. We will return the documents to you once we have received them and we’ll send a confirmation letter to you within 48 hours, though it may take a few days to arrive.

Info from https://www.virginmedia.com/help/accessibilityandextrasupport 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi Keith,

Thanks for posting 🙂

So I can help I've popped you over a private message (purple envelope, top right hand corner)

Alex_Rm

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good afternoon @KeithR64 

I can see that Alex has sent you over a PM, if we are able to assist further then please do let us know. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Thanks Dave

Thanks Zak

All the major UK Banks have a digital link to ensure LPA can be resolved online especially through Covid-19. Can Virgin Media look to offer this facility as 3 hours on the phone with Virgin Media and being bumped off calls as Virgin employees are WFH is sole destroying. My mum has dementia and looking at the swiftest rote for setting up an LPA.

Hi Katie

I would appreciate being able to do this directly with Virgin Media as have a signed PDF and OPG V-code that can be provided

Thanks

Keith

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

I am so sorry to hear that you were disconnected on your call to us Keith, that is not the high standard of service we aim to provide at all. I truly apologise for any stress caused. If you wish to make a complaint about the service you received, please visit https://virg.in/comcop.

Thank you for the feedback regarding digital links to ensure LPA can be resolved online, I will pass this on to the team now.

Serena

Thanks Serena

I would just like my mum's LPA to be set up.

Appreciate working in the NHS as I do the challenges during Covid so I'm not going to raise a complaint.

Keith

Hi Beth ,

I have also had to take the control of my mums affairs - can you please private message me so that I can submit a copy of the LPA  hold and register against her account, she continues to have problems with her TV and broadband package I i need to be able to speak directly to somone to sort them out.

Ed

Hello cowmeadowe

Thank you for taking the time to contact us in regards to your Power Of Attorney for your mothers account, we appreciate you raising this via the forum and welcome to the community.

I'm going to send you a Private Message to assist in getting this resolved for you. Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Rob