cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Elderly father contract changed without knowing

Damon6969
Tuning in

Hi,

I always deal with my father's virgin account for him due to his age. In March of 2021 l signed us both up to a 18 month deal with virgin that was maxit tv, 200mb, talk weekend.

My deal has now come to a end and l have taken another deal with them. Upon trying to sort out my father's I'm being told he is contracted in until January which l knew wasn't correct.

I have now logged in to his virgin account to check his contract and it shows the contact l signed him up to in March of 2021 for the above package but then it shows another contract in July of 2021 which upgraded his broadband from the agreed 200mb to M350 and tied him in until January next year. He has absolutely no knowledge of this upgrade.

As a result of this his TV package discount has now ended putting up his bill up massively but he can't leave because of the broadband tie in that he didn't request and has no knowledge of.

I have tried talking to customer services today but I'm getting know where with them, has anybody else had issue's like this. I can't for the life of me understand how it's happened and how they think a 74 year old man would require this sort of speed. And ironically l also carried out a speed test while at his house and it came back at 194mb.

12 REPLIES 12

Hi @Damon6969, thanks for the reply!

I can see my colleague has sent a private message.
Please reply to them and we can sort this out for you 🙂

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Ilyas

I did reply on Saturday but have not heard anything back. 

Regards

Thank you for the reply @Damon6969.

If you pop a message again to them to bump it up, it will get their connection.

Kind regards.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs