Menu
Bixer
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Easiest way to cancel recent contract extension?

My current TV/Broadband contract is due to expire on 29th June. Yesterday I rang the retentions team to agree to a new contract, keeping the same service but now for £35 for an additional 12 month. Doing some research however, as we are only staying in our current rental property until the end of February, I worked out it's actually cheaper to pay the £48 rolling fee for an additional 8 months than it is to pay £35 for 12 months. As a result I'd like to cancel this recent extension and just keep our current contract, letting it roll on until we give notice to leave in January.

I've just been on the phone to 2 separate people who weren't able to grasp the concept however, so what would be the easiest way for me to cancel yesterday's contract extension? Is there a way to do it online?

To clarify, I don't wish to cancel my service outright, merely to essentially leave my current contract as is and let it roll over each month. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Easiest way to cancel recent contract extension?

Hi Bixer,

Have you called us since you last posted to try and cancel the new contract? It's best to do this over the phone to make sure that your old contract isn't cancelled. If the new contract has started then you'll need to speak to our Retentions Team but if it hasn't started yet then our customer services team should be able to cancel it for you.

Warm Regards,

Lisa_CC

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Bixer
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I've since spoken to someone who said they'd cancel this recent extension - but is there any way I'm able to check for myself that this has been done? On my online account, this newer contract is still showing. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello Bixer, 

I am happy to get this looked at for you 

I just need to pass security first to view your account

If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 

Speak soon 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
Bixer
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Gareth,

Apologies, do you mean my message inbox, directly next to the notification bell? I haven't received any new messages since your reply? 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Bixer,

Apologies if you haven't received this message, I will send you another, please keep an eye out on the purple envelope.

Thanks

Lindsey_C

0 Kudos