cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Early Termination Fees - Goodbye Virgin Media

Andrewd2667
Tuning in

A warning to all existing Virgin Media broadband customers the Early Termination Fees process needs to be monitored.

If you move house to a new area in which Virgin media cannot supply, you will be liable to pay the Early Termination Fees which Virgin estimate. It is irrelevant how long you have been a customer and if the person moving into your house is transferring their Virgin media connection, you will still be charged no discussion or negotiation, just reminders that failure to pay will result in extra charges and could affect your credit rating.

However, the joke is that the Early Termination Fees process is broken, I left my direct debit active so that Virgin could collect the £181, they did not. The fun started from that point, basically after speaking to three customer services reps and three times through security. I eventually got to bill payments and paid over the phone. What was astonishing was that Virgin had cancelled direct debit so did not collect from my account, Pay my bill on my account would not work as no longer a customer. the  phone auto payment could not process as no longer a customer, hence no option but to pay over phone with a customer services rep again going through security.

Having been a Virgin Media customer for some five tears it was the final slap in the face when leaving, needless to say will never be a Virgin Media customer again, a terrible approach to customer service and the Early Termination fees process broken.

I requested a final bill receipt, guess what Virgin do not do that, Virgin happy to take the money but no confirmation of your final payment.

Beware when you leave or face possible extra charges.

4 REPLIES 4

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

Check that VM haven't put the supposed non-payment of the ETF down as a defaulted or late payment on your credit history file.  If they have, then raise a formal complaint by post (recorded delivery), demanding compensation for the poor service, and the rectification of any wrongly made credit file entries, and ask for a "deadlock letter" unless they can offer an acceptable settlement.  You might well then have to use the deadlock letter to escalate the matter to CISAS - without the deadlock letter you'd have to wait 8 weeks from the date VM got the complaint.

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @Andrewd2667

Thank you so much for your post and I am so sorry to hear that you have had this experience when leaving us. I understand how frustrating EDF's can be although we would advise that they are covered in the T&C's of your contract. 

I am so sorry that we have not been able to sort a receipt for your final bill out, I would be more than happy to look into this and see if we can get something sorted for you! 

If you would like me to take a look please let me know and I will send you a PM so we can arrange this. 

Thank you. 

An actual confirmation of payment would be great, just the same as gas and electricity companies would do to inform their customers.

Hi @Andrewd2667

I'm going to drop you a private message now, please keep an eye on your inbox.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs